Please help

Started by Flameo326, July 02, 2011, 11:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flameo326

i have been trying to defeat level 20 and barbarian hordes for a while now but i can't beat them if you guys could please help. i have seen the maps on youtube and they don't help me since they go so fast please help.
My mind is a giant flame engulfing everything and knowing everything.
Obey Its Commands

Cotters

As far as day 20 goes, look at these topics:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=6957.0 :that's day 20 tips

For barbarian hoard:
1- get the gems and tech (get the oar-things latter, wastes energy)
2- pause the game, and decide where you want to build hold points. the attached image shows where i build the hold spots, but they can be anywhere within reason. However, do build a few(like1-3) walls to buy time building blasters. Dig out the area a little behind the wall(s) to fit blasters close together, giving a better line-of-sight. Un-pause when you know what your going to do. you'll want 4 blasters on the top-middle, and 5 on the bottom.
3- upgrade range and fire rate with the tech
4- you should be almost out of Chrystal energy by this point. build reactors-  lotsa reactors.. put off digging till you have enough reactors to sustain the blasters you have. After that- dig and develop the area behind the hold points. i think you can take it from there.
-side note- you are going to need to add like 2 more blasters to the bottom, don't put off doing that too long
good luck

Flameo326

thanks for the help i like to build up my defenses and last time i got over run with drones on bottem layer with 6 blasters.
Obey Its Commands

Kithros

For bonus 8 I recommend picking -20% unit cost with the first technytes, and weapon fire rate with the second - the fire rate is quite helpful to deal with the drones since you have to fight them in tight spaces (weapon range might be an option too - fire rate is better if you play optimally but weapon range leaves more room for error). Use shields to deal with any of the early drones, and build a creeper maker on the top and bottom on 4x production - once the creeper floods enough area on the top and bottom switch to 1x production and these creeper makers will be able to hold off all the drones on those lanes single handedly, and then build up blasters in the middle and dig towards the top and bottom from the middle once you want to go for the other lanes (it's much easier to advance on the middle than either of the other lanes).

Michionlion

what i did was fight my way to the point when the two bottom lines get close.  then i built a choke point there.  it took a couple tries, but once you get there its easy to just slog through.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Flameo326

Finally i finished the last level all things with 67 crystals left over next i'm going to go for barbarian holds thanks you guys.
Obey Its Commands

Flameo326

Yes! thank you guys. I finally finished barbarian hordes today. thank you for the tips.
Obey Its Commands

MadMurphy

Glad you were able to pull that off. Always feels good to beat challenging levels.