Half-Levels (And possibly quarter-levels)

Started by teengamer, February 15, 2010, 08:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teengamer

Well, yes because I suppose you could always just half the intensity. Whatever!

Aurzel

well if you half the intensity it might completely change the game, if something with 4 gets halved to 2 it might not be able to overflow if its put in a pool

Sqaz

You can always double the interval instead of half the intensity, so everyting can still be overflowed.

TheBuilder

intensity is how high teh creeper will be when it emitts and also how how it will get, once an emitter fills up the aread it can reach with its intesnity it will never overflow, example: a 1 level pit with 2 level sides, an emitter in teh bottom of it is set to .1 interval, .1 start and 1 intesity, this emeitter will NEVER overflow the pit it is in.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Aurzel

exactly, though changing the interval might make it a bit more fair but it will still change how the level is played

pi4t

Another problem with making more levels is that it means you can't build in so many places

Sqaz

Quote from: pi4t on February 23, 2010, 12:37:56 PM
Another problem with making more levels is that it means you can't build in so many places

The place you have to build isn't a problem, this only proves more of a challenge for the players, cause the builder of a map makes sure you have (just) enough place to build your structures.

This also makes it easier for the author of a level to force the player to energy manage without having to change the elevation a lot and thus making it harder for the Creeper.

UpperKEES

The number of elevation levels has been considered by the developer of the game from 2 to 20, read here.

Changing the height of them would mean nothing else than changing the amount of creeper per elevation level. This can also be done by changing the intensity and interval of the emitters as stated before.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview