Only the hardest: High Complexity - Surface Emitter - Titan - No Experimentals

Started by UpperKEES, June 16, 2011, 05:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMag

said fly garden small/high (Maybe not so hard, but they are so hard to find so I post it neway so you can have some minuttes of fun)

The only hard thing about it is that it has limited build space.

burguertime

game see hill Medium / High

82M titan, Right Grav 3G, Left Build, Drones. Exposed 200k emitter and a drone portal right on surface.

First fun fact: game see hill Large/High does not have a titan.

Second fun fact: the gravity and creeper spillover means you cannot build reactors. Grab gems and stay nomad.

Third fun fact: at 3:00, the titan breaks the decayable terrain, and spills over to the surface.

I think that some ninja burrower could do better than the nomad, if you can dig a hole AND build the blasters to hold off the drones. After all, you will do a sideways cave in a creeper waterfall.

I believe the forum pro's will think this one easy but fun.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Kithros

Quote from: burguertime on July 03, 2011, 05:15:44 PM

82M titan, Right Grav 3G, Left Build, Drones. Exposed 200k emitter and a drone portal right on surface.

First fun fact: game see hill Large/High does not have a titan.

Second fun fact: the gravity and creeper spillover means you cannot build reactors. Grab gems and stay nomad.

Third fun fact: at 3:00, the titan breaks the decayable terrain, and spills over to the surface.

I think that some ninja burrower could do better than the nomad, if you can dig a hole AND build the blasters to hold off the drones. After all, you will do a sideways cave in a creeper waterfall.

I believe the forum pro's will think this one easy but fun.

Fun map, but in this instance I just went with rushing the surface emitter - by taking advantage of the fields I only needed to build 1 shield to cover the nullifier (to prevent any drones targetting the nullifier in the 8 seconds after it's built) after taking lots of gems (I got all the way around to the white gem and the technytes by using some shields), built 2 blasters to clear up the drones and the leftover creeper and once that creeper around the emitter is gone it should be fairly straightforward to nullify the gateway, shield in the titan before it breaks free and mass reactors.

Katra

Saturn large/high

Really limited build space above large chamber with drones, fields, 12 phantoms. And virtually all the ore is below that first chamber. Two layers of erodible ground give you a bit of build time, but the usual quick gem grab equals suicide by drone on this one.

Screenshot is where I had achieved a 'survive indefinitely' stalemate. I do have screenshots of how I beat it (and a couple of how I failed) but I'll hold those spoilers for the moment. Be sure to save often on this - I ended up with a 65 minute epic win, and most of my fails were around 45...
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

burguertime

@Katra: saturn at first did not seem to qualify because there is a single layer of decayable terrain, but heck what a fun map. I had to hold off the creeper at the stalemate point till I could get some upgrades...

BTW, one more:

Omicron Omega Sigma Small / High

Some gems under two layers of earth. a 33M titan sealed beneath one layer of decayable terrain. Two drone portals, one in the open cave and another with the titan spawning 13 health drones.

Difficult here is not enough building space (small map, ya know).

Hope you pro's have fun with this one.

You know, I really have fun seeing you guys beat these maps.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Kithros

Quote from: burguertime on July 05, 2011, 08:56:18 PM
@Katra: saturn at first did not seem to qualify because there is a single layer of decayable terrain, but heck what a fun map. I had to hold off the creeper at the stalemate point till I could get some upgrades...

BTW, one more:

Omicron Omega Sigma Small / High

Some gems under two layers of earth. a 33M titan sealed beneath one layer of decayable terrain. Two drone portals, one in the open cave and another with the titan spawning 13 health drones.

Difficult here is not enough building space (small map, ya know).

Hope you pro's have fun with this one.

You know, I really have fun seeing you guys beat these maps.

Lots of gems to work with, you want 1 blaster early on, then build 4 blasters + some shields in front of them (no need to replace the shields, only necessary for the first wave) once the high health drones break through, build up reactors and tech domes and advance fairly normally. This is where I was about 10 minutes in - after I retook the surface I stopped using about half of the blasters in favour of more launchers since I didn't need to cover as much area with the blasters anymore (and then I used them again once I went for the nullify). By the time I got to the end I was at 30 energy production which was more than enough (and the field takes so long to rotate that it helps out too since you can build the nullifier with it always turned away). Once you learn the right balance of repulsors, blasters, and launchers to use, titans can be taken down with pretty small amounts of energy. The blasters on the left are also set to drone only to reduce energy useage.

Spoiler
[close]

As far as advancing on titans goes, you typically want to spend the minimum amount of energy possible on blasters/repulsors so your launchers can do full damage with their missiles still - once the missiles stop doing full damage you typically want to advance more (in some instances you will also have to account for gained reactor space in favour of advancing sooner, but in cases where you're extremely tight on energy it's usually better to take it slower)

MadMag

street by car small/high & medium/high

8803 medium/high

tree boat when medium/high

Fisherck

Quote from: Flameo326 on July 07, 2011, 10:54:20 AM
Mars  Large/High
I don't think there is any way to stop that surface emitter. and also with the additional emmitter joiningi have no idea how to complete this map

P.S. if i did the colors wrong sorry this is my first time using the colors
Quote from: Flameo326 on July 07, 2011, 11:10:01 AM
Sun  Large/High
the surface emitter is going to be a problem later on you need to deal with the drones quick. You also have phantoms to worry about.
This map might be possible i wasnt fast enough though.

Part of the requirements for this thread is that the maps in question are not experimentals. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

MadMag

åøæåøæøåøæøåøæøøåøæøåøæøåøæøåøæøåøæøåøæøå small/high & medium/high (This one is pretty hard)

fraterpotens

Quote from: burguertime on July 03, 2011, 05:15:44 PM

Great challenge here!
played one try for about an hour before restarting with a better strategy

MadMag

moo

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 16, 2011, 05:01:30 PM
snow think sun - large (no surface drones, 7 emitters, titan = 120M, fields, standard build direction and gravity, no phantoms)
do you mean it's hard but possible? how can i beat 120M titan? i have used (wasted) up all anti creeper

UpperKEES

Haven't played that one myself yet, but let me know if you need more help after reading this topic, which will explain how to use more than 60 energy per second. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

MadMag

podicnstwrvcabxkhprodjxnzgyw0høhårpoejhsxhaejgfvrspesogj medium/high

podicnstwrvcabxkhprodjxnzgyw0 small/high & medium/high