Don't think my update has worked?

Started by golgotha, February 13, 2010, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golgotha

I have used the patch on this site to update to the latest version. However, I don't seem to have any new features, extra buttons, or really any change at all. I cannot find a way of posting my scores online and the maps I am creating in the editor will not load into CW (using the deploy button) and I can find no way to import maps.

This being said, I have in the bottom right hand corner: VER 0346 and if I try to run the patch again it says I have the latest version installed. Any ideas?

knucracker

You likely installed the patch and then replaced main.swf with the old version.  The old version doesn't support custom maps.  That is why you don't have a custom maps button.  The version shown comes from the version file (which got updated when you installed the patch). 

This behavior is being changed in the upcoming release so that people who replace main.swf with the old version won't think they have the new version after main.swf is replaced with the old version.

golgotha

On that understanding what should be my next move? Do I just have to wait for the next update now? (how long will I be waiting) or is there some other method I can take?

knucracker

Just put back the original main.swf... why did you replace it to start with?
You can also uninstall the game and install it again (and patch it again).  You don't lose any scores or mission progress when you uninstall and reinstall.

golgotha

I replaced it because when I updated it would load saying I needed to play the game once before I could run again (or something along those lines)

knucracker

Here is the patch procedure:
1: Install the full game that you got when you bought CW.
2: Start the game.
3: Enter your key. (if not previously entered at any point)
4: Exit the game.
5: Install the patch.
6: Start the game and play.

At any point, you can uninstall the game and do this procedure over again without losing any scores or game progress.
Note that steps 1-4 most likely have been done already if you have ever played the purchased game.