Finally

Started by Lioncourt, May 30, 2011, 06:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lioncourt

My Gawd, some of those drones are tough little mofos...  Anyways, received the game on Wednesday, and finally finished level 20...  Nerve wracking to say the least.  Now I get to hammer away at more bonus missions.  Starting #5 when I get back on it...  I must say, this game is mucho harder than CW, but when I finish a level, I really feel like I accomplished something.  (and when I forget to save, omg I wanna scream)...  Anyways, thanks Virgil, I appreciate the time and effort you and your team (your own little creeper horde) have put in on this game to bring it to us.  Thank you.

(On a side note, I saw someone mentioning they were going to post videos on youtube, and it was mentioned they are doing it (almost sounded like) on hard mode... I took a peek, and nowhere do I see an easy/hard setting, so not quite sure what the guy meant cept maybe he was fighting off drones with reactors, (which would definitely be a type of hard mode)  :)
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

Kithros

There isn't any built in hard mode, basically the only way to make it harder is by intentionally playing badly. Some of the more interesting things I've done are day 16 by idling for the first 25 seconds (not even moving the LS), not staying above ground (ie. hiding in the top-right corner), and not picking up the gems, day 18 by doing nothing other than moving the LS for the first 5 minutes, and day 20 using *none* of the crystals given to you. These are all possible by the way.

Fisherck

Quote from: Kithros on May 30, 2011, 07:05:04 AM
and day 20 using *none* of the crystals given to you. These are all possible by the way.

That must be difficult. I can't imagine getting through all the creeper in the top part without using a single bit of crystal energy... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

MadMurphy

Quote from: Lioncourt on May 30, 2011, 06:11:55 AM
My Gawd, some of those drones are tough little mofos...  Anyways, received the game on Wednesday, and finally finished level 20...  Nerve wracking to say the least.  Now I get to hammer away at more bonus missions.  Starting #5 when I get back on it...  I must say, this game is mucho harder than CW, but when I finish a level, I really feel like I accomplished something.  (and when I forget to save, omg I wanna scream)...  Anyways, thanks Virgil, I appreciate the time and effort you and your team (your own little creeper horde) have put in on this game to bring it to us.  Thank you.

(On a side note, I saw someone mentioning they were going to post videos on youtube, and it was mentioned they are doing it (almost sounded like) on hard mode... I took a peek, and nowhere do I see an easy/hard setting, so not quite sure what the guy meant cept maybe he was fighting off drones with reactors, (which would definitely be a type of hard mode)  :)

Good job on completing the game. The bonus missions are a lot of fun also.

WreeperCorld

Even playing the credits is fun, try it! ;)