help with day 18

Started by Michionlion, May 19, 2011, 06:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

ok, so i'm right here:

what should i do about the drone? help?

Edit: nvm. i picked my butt up and went by fast....
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

mthw2vc

Oh, the superdrone isn't THAT hard to kill as long as you keep it contained. Since you obviously have not managed to do that, nothing really needs to be done about it. Just leave the monstrosity be and move the LS a few inches further away from its M-rift and keep a close eye on it. You wouldn't want to lose a run just because it randomly chose to hit the LS and pwns you. While it's busy, nullify that gateway so it won't respawn, then kill it so you can focus on your next task. The only thing you should have to worry about after that is making sure you don't accidentally flood the survival capsule with creeper.

Michionlion

did that... but i had a save so it was fine... ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

that... is a LOT of launchers. lmao
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Michionlion

i know... i needed them too
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

I hold to the fact that you never need THAT many launchers. After a certain point, they just fire at empty space because they all aim at the same spot.

mthw2vc

Ebon_Heart, you may speak again on that matter when you have beaten every level.

DethbyIT

Michionlion -
I just started this and just had to laugh at all the things I got hit with in the first few minutes.

Just as an aside, I found this link yesterday (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=6149.0) and was amazed at all the improvements you can buy in the "Tech Table".

Not sure if you've read through that yet, but several clever tricks are revealed.
dbit

Ebon Heart

Quote from: mthw2vc on May 19, 2011, 07:36:27 PM
Ebon_Heart, you may speak again on that matter when you have beaten every level.
I'm scared now..... But i'll take that bet, i'll never use more than 10 launchers in any level from here on out. (two levels to go)
EDIT: and when I did this, I had to break it open close enough to the gate to build a nullfier there, the stupid demon drone just respawns too fast... But it looks like you just let him play in your reactor farm while you destroyed his home.

Kithros

Well, I would agree that that's a lot more launchers than is really necessary -  but there are times where you will want more than 10 launchers - of course you *can* win without more, but it's a lot faster using more launchers in some instances.

Karsten75

Well, two things. Kithros has an amazing time. Second, I made a video, but at 2.5Gb, it was corrupted. :(

Michionlion

also, how it played out was the drone had time to play in reactor while i took thrade
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: mthw2vc on May 19, 2011, 07:36:27 PM
I've just been playing around here, so my time sucks... but I'm gonna beat it without ever building more than 10 launchers.... I wasted a ton of time earlier making a super dense anti creeper ball for no reason. lmao

Katra

I filled the bottom chamber with good creeper and went after the capsule from the bottom. (With lots of blasters and launchers.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Ebon Heart

Why.... And nth was right, I ended up with 20 launchers on day 19. And I had to flag out retreat when I let the demon drones out... I got as much stuff as I could out, closed the rift behind me, built lots of blasters, and filled every open space with shields.