after playing the game, what do you want to see in the editor?

Started by thepenguin, May 14, 2011, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

what I also want to see is a way to set custom values for terrain dig cost (0-100) (erode-able, or not)

(yes, one could make terrain that dissolves as soon as one drop of creeper hits it)

(yes, this is different from open space)
We have become the creeper...

J

Quote from: J on May 23, 2011, 10:06:47 AM
I think Virgil have to set checkboxes in the terrain editor.
[] diggable.......................................cost [3^]
[] reflective.....................................angle [45^]
[] destroyable by creeper...................speed [slow^]
[] destroyable by anti-creeper.............speed [slow^]
[] ....
image [...^] (when possible, some terrain blocks could have only one image)

In this way we could create our own blocks
Allmost the same
Speed can also be immediatly

thepenguin

xing

ok I guess i'll pit down the things i'd like to see - most of wich i'm sure is already included in the editor design already i hope but the things i'll be looking for are :-

• Timed events
  • pre-built buildings player cannot destroy / critical structures
  • any type of terrain able to be creeper imbued (creeper destroyable that spawns LOTS of creeper when destroyed)
  • custom terrain colour's / textures
  • unbuildable spaces ( blocks you can't build on / space you can't build / move weapons in ) ( perhaps as a permanent "unlit:area" that beacons don't light up ? )

and just for fun
  • multiple different colour creeper emitters on same map that mix (red+blue=purple ect)

CobraKill

Quote from: xing on May 30, 2011, 12:29:25 PM

I definetly want to see structure that if destroyed means game over or shut something down. Like use some reactores beancans to make a human feild generator  ;D[/list]
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

pixlepix

I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

CobraKill

Ebon Heart

Quote from: xing on May 30, 2011, 12:29:25 PM
ok I guess i'll pit down the things i'd like to see - most of wich i'm sure is already included in the editor design already i hope but the things i'll be looking for are :-

• Timed events
  • any type of terrain able to be creeper imbued (creeper destroyable that spawns LOTS of creeper when destroyed)
  • custom terrain colour's / textures
  • unbuildable spaces ( blocks you can't build on / space you can't build / move weapons in ) ( perhaps as a permanent "unlit:area" that beacons don't light up ? )

and just for fun
  • multiple different colour creeper emitters on same map that mix (red+blue=purple ect)

I think the differnt colored emitters would be far too complicated for far too little gain. But maybe changing overall creeper color? and For timed events... text that pops up at certain times, or a time limit you have before you can leave the mission would be insanely nice.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

J

Multi-color idea: an other bad creeper type that also works like anti-creeper against bad creeper

Sqaz

Quote from: The Commander on May 30, 2011, 04:09:53 PM
No but you don't have to rescue it.

You could place a field there to transfer any creeper every frame to a spot with a survival pod, so if any creeper destroys/hits the building you lose.

Krell

Quote from: J on May 31, 2011, 10:57:28 AM
Multi-color idea: an other bad creeper type that also works like anti-creeper against bad creeper
except I think the game reads creeper as + and greeper as - or vice versa. point being in numbers there is positive and negative, meaning adding another creeper type would be too much work for the amount of gain. Though color blending wouldn't be quite as hard if done right.
Quote from: Sqaz on May 31, 2011, 11:04:48 AM

You could place a field there to transfer any creeper every frame to a spot with a survival pod, so if any creeper destroys/hits the building you lose.
Brilliant!

CobraKill

Quote from: Sqaz on May 31, 2011, 11:04:48 AM

That's pretty good.

pixlepix

I'd like to see a artifact that gave you points but nothing else(and was destroy-able by creeper)
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

TonyP2000

I personally would like to have hidden holo-cubes, just so I can hide Easter eggs in my maps just for fun.  ;)
Vote Tony!

thepenguin

Quote from: TonyP2000 on May 31, 2011, 08:38:05 PM
I personally would like to have hidden holo-cubes, just so I can hide Easter eggs in my maps just for fun.  ;)

already possible, I think