Construction Packets arm military buildings???

Started by Cheesecake, February 09, 2010, 07:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesecake

I had a deficit when I got an upgrade, and a mortar was being built. I made it where buildings build 10% faster, and THEN the deficit started emptying like crazy... so many flooded out from the deficit that my construction packets actually gave the mortar enough ammo to fire one time :P

Cheesecake

Aurzel

i dont think i got that either, can you post a screenshot or a better description?

Karsten75

I think he is saying that he thinks he has discovered a glitch. But it is what software developers call an "edge case."

If you are building a large number of units/buildings at the same time and incur a deficit, then upgrade to the "units cost 10% less" upgrade, the deficit might be less than the 10% reduction in construction cost. In that case in-transit construction packages (grey) got transformed into ammo packages (pink).

But I highly doubt it. And unless he posts a map (and perhaps a video of it happening) I'm going to continue doubting that. I can't  even begin to think how to construct a map to prove/disprove this theory.

Bort

A deficit is not necessary for this.
Just build a military building some distance away from the city, wait until all construction packages are on their way and apply the "10% cheaper" upgrade.
When the last packages arrive at the building it is already finished and they charge it instead.

Cheesecake

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 10, 2010, 11:48:00 AM
I think he is saying that he thinks he has discovered a glitch. But it is what software developers call an "edge case."

If you are building a large number of units/buildings at the same time and incur a deficit, then upgrade to the "units cost 10% less" upgrade, the deficit might be less than the 10% reduction in construction cost. In that case in-transit construction packages (grey) got transformed into ammo packages (pink).

But I highly doubt it. And unless he posts a map (and perhaps a video of it happening) I'm going to continue doubting that. I can't  even begin to think how to construct a map to prove/disprove this theory.

No, they remained gray the whole time.

Siccles

ive recently noticed this also but I didn`t observe any apparant reason for it

edit: no upgrades on the map

UpperKEES

Quote from: virgilw on February 01, 2010, 11:08:13 PM
I don't recall right off whether they evaporate or if they keep going.  Either way, they would have no effect on anything.

Quote from: Bort on February 10, 2010, 03:56:41 PM
Just build a military building some distance away from the city, wait until all construction packages are on their way and apply the "10% cheaper" upgrade.
When the last packages arrive at the building it is already finished and they charge it instead.

Interesting....

Quote from: Siccles on February 10, 2010, 04:55:59 PM
no upgrades on the map

Even more interesting!
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

creeper killer

Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

Vinkor

This happens to me a lot especially with Mortars and Drones I don't mind as long as it gives me ammo which it does