Purchase Information

Started by Phoenyx, February 06, 2010, 01:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenyx

I recently stumbled across the flash training version of this game, and as soon as I saw I could buy a full version, I knew I wanted it.  That said, when I went to purchase this, it asked for my phone number and home address.  As a general rule, I don't give these out on the internet unless absolutely necessary, so I ask: What is the purpose of these fields? Since this is just a download, can I just give an email address and paypal login?

Thanks,
Phoenyx

Aurzel

i dont recall giving a phone number, maybe you can leave that field blank

Karsten75

Your home address is used as verification to prevent identity theft. I know of almost no site where you can purchase something without giving your home address, even if only indirectly via PayPal.

knucracker

Fastspring handles the purchases for me.  You can write them at info@fastspring.com if you have any questions.
They try to do a good job of ensuring that somebody hasn't stolen your card or paypal account info.

Like Karsten75 said, addresses are often matched by the credit card company against the address on file, else it can trigger a fraud alert (which is for your own safety).

Lastly, I don't have access (nor do I want it) to your CC number or anything like that.  Fastspring has secure servers and are in compliance with safe handling regulations for this information.  They are the retail agent for me and they seem to have done a fine job of it.  You'll find them being used by a number of other recent indie game companies as well.

Phoenyx

Thank you :D I'll go ahead and buy this now :D

archn

Quote from: Phoenyx on February 06, 2010, 01:18:52 PM
Thank you :D I'll go ahead and buy this now :D

Thank you for supporting Virgil.  It means a lot to the community.

set678

dammit i cant payby phone.... well im gonna hav to w8 4 about 3 years untill i get creeperworld 1 OR 2