Custom Map: Running from hell

Started by AutoPost, March 04, 2011, 08:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Running from hell

Author: Ebon_Heart

Desc:
There's no preparing this time... you can only run for your life, and hope you make it in time. Thanks to Timwi for helping me test it, this map is a little outta my league.

fridge

What's the difference ? 2 reactors minus ?
Anything else ? If so 2:05 is awesome.

Ebon Heart

the differnce is no sams, or thor. aka, no preparing this time. before, you had to buckle down and fight the spores, now you just have to get away.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Timwi

Actually, a major difference is that there are now twice as many reactors available...

fridge

Hi, thank you for your hints.
Twice reactors ?  :o Damn, I haven't seen !
"Preparing for hell I made in 1:58", but without timis vid I would not have managed it.
I love this game !

fridge

Ok, that's it, I cannot do any better. Awesome map. Uhh...what about fer ?
I think it is beatable.

Hint: You have to build one Storage because the system cannot handle more that 20 Energy.
If you have 25 Energy in Producing it still only deplete 20, although it shows e.g 24,8 !

Ebon Heart

thanks... and wow timwi!! he beat you!

NULL

@fridge:
Your score can be beaten very easily. I have beaten it by 7 secs, but I didn't optimise my approach at all. Your post indicates clearly, that the approach that you use is far from being optimal.

At first I was surprised that so many people had some not very bad scores and noone had a very bad one (until I saw the video). The average or bad cw player often does not think of such strategies.

The approach in the video shows many very obvious mistakes ( the way the reacors are connected to each other, the way the island is connected to the reactors, the loactions where the blasters are dropped and many more.)

I believe that the map can be beaten in 1:30 or definetly in 1:35.

Ebon Heart

I would like to see that! I couldn't beat it at all, and I made the danged thing!

k3jsparks

Anybody want to share some clues to how in the world this can be done? Obviously I need to go to some higher levels. Any advice?

Ebon Heart

Quote from: k3jsparks on July 27, 2011, 01:09:32 AM
Anybody want to share some clues to how in the world this can be done? Obviously I need to go to some higher levels. Any advice?
there's a video under the comments for preparing for hell (fixed) also, it's supposed to be done fast, :P