AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Secret Labs Day 10

Author: Link327

Desc:
The 10th map.
All you will need here:
PURE FIREPOWER!
And a hint:
Its not asked to clear the main reactor.
So I wouldnt do it.

Link327

Was hard work to finish this.
Was long time impossible.
Have fun beating giant amounts of "radioactive radiation" :D
Link327

snowmaker (JM)

It took me a minute to figure out how to progress out of those intersections  ;)

Link327

;D
Very well time Snowmaker^^
Now I nead an idea for map #11.
I think drones will be avaiable from map #12 or #13.
So again something without new things^^
Link327

tpatana

Hmhm, I ran to the same problem than many maps with crazy strong creep: my depletion goes over 16, thus I run out of energy even though I have 16+ energy collection. How you overcome that? I already had 4 of the 6 totems, but while trying to inch my way to the last 2, I run out of energy and creep went through one of my links and that was it.

Link327

Everytime I play a map with high depletion, I build a energy collection of 30+.
That means reactors, reactors and just more reactors.
I have the the half of map full with reactors.
And if you have this problem:
Enough Energy, but deficit.
Destroy some speeds, this problem is coming if OC cant send packages fast enough.
Link327

Karsten75

Quote from: tpatana on February 05, 2011, 11:10:47 PM
Hmhm, I ran to the same problem than many maps with crazy strong creep: my depletion goes over 16, thus I run out of energy even though I have 16+ energy collection. How you overcome that? I already had 4 of the 6 totems, but while trying to inch my way to the last 2, I run out of energy and creep went through one of my links and that was it.

Did you build a storage node? You need a storage node to increase energy output to 32.

mthw2vc

Make sure you have the latest version of creeper world. In newer versions, you can output 20 without storage or 32 with storage.

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Link327

map 12 submitted.
I cant say much about difficulty.
All I can say: be fast^^
Link327

tpatana

Quote from: mthw2vc on February 06, 2011, 07:37:45 AM
Make sure you have the latest version of creeper world. In newer versions, you can output 20 without storage or 32 with storage.

Holy crap, and now you tell me! I think mine has the limits 8 and 16 with storage.

Grrr.....

No wonder I had difficulty with this map, as the 16max wasn't enough to supply for the firepower.

Edit: Maybe I was blind, I haven't noticed this until now:
NOTICE!
You need the latest game version to play the newest maps properly. New maps use new features (like unit locking, selective tech, and tech discovery). If you don't have the latest game patch, you won't get the full experience.

I searched those from the forums, but couldn't find what they do, so could someone give me quick re-cap?

Edit2: Now I found the posting about latest patch. It didn't explain those, neither it did tell about increase in the maximum energy. It did mention double speed, which I use occasionally, so seems I have the latest patch, I just didn't know you can go over 16 energy so I never built more than that :(

Any other changes not mentioned in the official release?

Grauniad

On the front screen of Creeper World, in the lower left corner it will give you a version number. Use that to ascertain that you have the latest and greatest.

Should be Version 630.

mthw2vc

The latest version of CW is 0572. 0630 is not publicly available at this time.

Grauniad

Quote from: mthw2vc on February 07, 2011, 06:37:57 PM
The latest version of CW is 0572. 0630 is not publicly available at this time.

Hmm.. I'll let Virgil know.

The only difference, AFAIK, is a patch to the list of Chronom mission on the Chronom page.

tpatana

So what are these?

(like unit locking, selective tech, and tech discovery)