Bug in forums with Google Chrome

Started by Michionlion, January 19, 2011, 09:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

I have been seeing this for a while, but never said anything.  Instead of doing a Blaze, I decided to post it.  The bug happens only sometimes, but here is a picture of what happens:

And here is a picture after I scrolled down with my pointer in the middle:

Edit: fixed the pics
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

I'm sorry, but a) I don't see what the problem is that you are trying to show and b) I use Chrome all the time and am not aware of a display bug.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

Well when you click the 'modify' button, it only opens a 12p wide slit to edit the message.  but you can scroll down with-in that to get to the 'save' and 'cancel' buttons.  Sorry for not explaining it that much before.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

It certainly does not exhibit that behavior for me. If I click on the "modify" button, it is the same window that opens as when I want to compose a new post.

Check in your forum profile options if you have something set that causes in-place editing.

Edit:

This is how my profile look with Chrome and it works fine.

DarthVader12

it is just a way to quickly modify a post

Michionlion

no, i know what it does, and everything, there's just a graphic error with it.  BTW, here's a pic of my profile there G.

And normally it doesn't happen (the bug I mean) but every so often... and its only been happening since i downloaded Google Chrome (duh).  Also, there's one more option (not in the pic, i couldn't fit it) that it looks like you scribbled out.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

I've accidentally figured out what you were observing and how it happens.

If you click on the icon in the post (marked with a red arrow on the attached image), you will get edit-in-place behavior.

If you click on the "Modify" link at the top of the post, then it opens up in a new window.

Michionlion

Yes, that's true. But both images in the first post were from clicking the edit in place button.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

ok, i'm going to revive this, put more pictures to say what i was actually trying to say, and see what happens.  i have been getting this a whole ton now.

pics:

What normally happens when i click on the modify button (thats not with the quote and remove buttons up top, but across from your writting):

and here's the bugged display one.  you can scroll down in that window and it comes to the 'save' and 'cancel' buttons:

- Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

I don't know what to tell you. We just use the SMF software. You can, if you wish go over to their forums at simplemachines.org and see if they have any ideas or recommendations for you.

Michionlion

- Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!