Custom Map: TP Surrounded

Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2011, 12:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: TP Surrounded

Author: Tero Patana

Desc:
You're surrounded by several fountains. They pulse in sequence every 5 seconds.

newuploader1

I feel bad for how long this took me and even worse for how hard it was

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

newuploader1

Because I usually kick ass at this game but this level really put a beating on me....but it was just sarcasm, I don't really feel bad.
Well, now that I think of it, spending my day off playing Creeper World is a depressing thought.

Fisherck

Don't worry, I play Creeper World instead of doing my homework quite often. Still, it is not a very good excuse to tell my teacher I did not finish my homework because of a game...No matter how good it is... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

tpatana

Have to say, I spent several hours balancing the beginning and the end. If I set the emitters too strong to make the finish harder, then there was no way you could survive the start. Earlier revision I tried some 20-30 times to start, and I always (=usually, if I didn't screw up) got to point where I had ~2.0-2.5 energy, 2-3 mortar and/or 1-2 blasters, until the creep just flooded me dead. I was so close to control the map, but no. Then I tuned all emitters down 10%, and it seemed to make the start much easier, but unfortunately after having the grid done, the finish became quite easy too.

Fisherck

One thing you can do about that is to start out with weaker emitters, and place stronger ones on top of it, but with a later starting time. It allows for an easier start, but a harder finish. If you want to see what I mean, download one of UpperKEES maps. Most of them show this, but I am not sure about the Quagmire Quest series (since it is about certain game mechanincs, so maybe look at Hard Art maps if you want to see it.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.