Main Menu

raw energy

Started by creeper killer, January 21, 2010, 12:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creeper killer

I think there should be" raw energy packets" because since ammo and construction packets move I think raw energy from collectors and reactors should come to odin city in say blue or green spheres because it'd make more sense if you saw a raw energy packet rushing by to odin city or a storage building then a blue or green bar under or over odin city or a storage facility idicating how much energy its holding.It will go like this first the energy to odin city then when odin city is full it will fill up the nearest storage unit closest to odin city.then when odin city runs out of energy raw energy will come rushing from the nearest storage unit trying to resupply odin city.ondin city should start requesting energy when the city is holding less than 5 energy. and your probably thinking that the packets are going to go uber slow(tell me if I failed using "uber") but since energy used to get to odin city instantly make the raw energy travel the speed of the eqivulant of a whopping 20 speed drivers.(yes I've once built 20 speed drivers and watched the packets fly)(srry for puncuation)
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

djcian

this has actually already been suggested. i remember. but for the life of me i can not find it.  so carry on.  also i remember that idea was shot down but it might be different this time. 
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

NoobSauce

I thought of raw energy packets at one point, but eventually decided it would make the screen hella noisy and kill the processor when you have more than, like, 3 collectors.

Maybe just lighting up the connections?  Although, that seems way too "The Space Game" for virgilw to want to do it...
BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Aurzel

this was virgil's explanation i believe:
apart from the gameplay and system hits that this would take, the 'raw energy' is sent to odin city as electricity (or something similar) through the network and odin city uses that to process the energy into the packets you see leaving the city