Main Menu

CW portable

Started by corgano, January 16, 2010, 05:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corgano

Now you can play creeper world off your memory stick anywhere without loosing your save data or maps!

This works by moving the save data and maps from the memory stick onto the save data location the game uses, and after the game closes it moves the save data back to the memory stick. To use it, just place it in the creeper World folder and run this instead of the game. It will start the game when the save data has been moved to the local machine. The first run will tell you no save data was found, press yes to continue

UPDATES

-Fixed issues with saving save data within save data, 1/17/2010
-Cleaned up code for easier reading

Version 1.1 (current): Download,Source

Old versions and source
1.0:Downlaod,Source

Any comments / suggestions welcome.

Kamron3

corgano

Thats why I have SOURCE CODE there. You think its a keylogger, look through the source and look. I know its not a keylogger; I use this myself, and I would appreciate it if you would at least take a look at it before you instantly say its malicious.

If anyone sees any odd behavior in this script notify me ASAP. It is written in AutoIt and packed with UPX.

Karsten75

Quote from: corgano on January 16, 2010, 05:39:55 PM
Thats why I have SOURCE CODE there. You think its a keylogger, look through the source and look. I know its not a keylogger; I use this myself, and I would appreciate it if you would at least take a look at it before you instantly say its malicious.

If anyone sees any odd behavior in this script notify me ASAP. It is written in AutoIt and packed with UPX.

Let me ask you this: How do we know the program (source code) is the same as the executable?

Karsten75

And more questions. The save data location is different in Windows XP, Windows Vista and Win 7. Which one does your code work with?

corgano

It's a shame that everyone is so untrusting thease days. i spent a week on this and no one will even try

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 16, 2010, 06:37:34 PM
Quote from: corgano on January 16, 2010, 05:39:55 PM

Let me ask you this: How do we know the program (source code) is the same as the executable?

All you have is my word. If that is not enough, you can get au32exe.exe from the autoit site (www.autoitscript.com) and compile it yourself. just rename the .txt file to .au3
Since I gave source you can also modify it to suit your needs.

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 16, 2010, 06:39:13 PM
And more questions. The save data location is different in Windows XP, Windows Vista and Win 7. Which one does your code work with?

It is different? Oh.....

I made it on, and it currently works on windows 7 and vista. If someone were kind enough to tell me where the save data is stored on xp, or even if it works on xp, that would be appreciated.

corgano

I have noticed an error in the code that will cause the save data to have copies of itself in itself.  ???

the problem was I kept putting a space in creeper world, when it is actually stored in "C:\Users\" & @UserName & "\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld" - there is no space.

This problem has been fixed and an updated version will be uploaded shortly.

Shadow14l

I guess this program is ok... if you're too much of a lazy ass to not be able to copy the game directory to a flash drive O.o

archn

I appreciate the efforts, keep it up!

corgano

I have been using it for a while now and the only thing i could think of adding is option to turn off the tray tips. Any other option requests / suggestions?

adriaan789

Quote from: corgano on January 16, 2010, 05:19:02 PM
Now you can play creeper world off your memory stick anywhere without loosing your save data or maps!

This works by moving the save data and maps from the memory stick onto the save data location the game uses, and after the game closes it moves the save data back to the memory stick. To use it, just place it in the creeper World folder and run this instead of the game. It will start the game when the save data has been moved to the local machine. The first run will tell you no save data was found, press yes to continue

UPDATES

-Fixed issues with saving save data within save data, 1/17/2010
-Cleaned up code for easier reading

Version 1.1 (current): Download,Source

Old versions and source
1.0:Downlaod,Source

Any comments / suggestions welcome.

do you still have this game?
because the links for this game are all dead :s
can tou make a new link?

thanks

adriaan

Kamron3

Corgano hasn't been active since February. He may not reply for some time.

_k

Echo51

Great, where the mac version?  ??? nobody ever thinks mac.

Naaah, ill live ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Kamron3

Ballsofsteel

alot of stupid people making AV seem to flag any file in UPX.  Reason?  Somebody made a virus and coded it in UPX, therefore all files in UPX are a virus.  Somebody needs to take them out and shoot them.  I had AV call VNC remote desktop a virus too.  Absolutely amazing how people that dumb work for AV companies.
Hi, I'm a signature, lol