CW2 Map Making Suggestions

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, August 31, 2010, 03:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: MadMag on August 31, 2010, 04:08:23 PM
Like I said in the other topic (sorry). I _think_ the map making in CW1 has much more facilities than CW2, because CW2 is from a side view and CW1 is from a top view. I can think of 2 things to make maps out of in side view: Caverns/Caves/Grottos/Burrows/Dens :) (pretty boring after a while) and the other one is Skyscrapers and such.. But i'll have to wait and see, maybe I get a pleasant supprise.

I am also a little afraid of this, but I will indeed have to wait until I get my hands on it before I can judge it correctly. The various types of terrains might make a nice difference and these will be customizable.

Quote from: Aurzel on September 02, 2010, 11:54:37 AM
the map editor tool might cater to more advanced map makers for what ever reason and therefore the 'rookie map makers' shall we call them, wont be sending in maps anymore

That would be a great side-effect, but I don't think it will. More options will mean more possibilities to screw up a map when you're not aware of all consequences.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Aurzel

remember though that all of us were new at some point when it came to the map editor, personally if i was presented with a much more advanced editor i wouldnt have invested my time in it, and we all know my loveable maps that have faded into oblivion :D

The Creep Destroyer

UpperKees Grats on making it to 2000 posts.

On topic now, I think if we can make good creeper spawns and bad creeper spawns we can just have a huge cool looking Creeper fight map. Or even two bad creeper fighting each other with us just using good ones.
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.

Aurzel

there's only two types of creeper, good and bad and it would be very boring since you have no control over what the creeper does if all you have is the creeper producing building