Custom Map Stories

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, August 25, 2010, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyxis_GeeK

Hey guys and gals I'm in the process of creating several maps. I released my first yesterday and I think it did ok. It's been downloaded about 30 times or so and has several scores posted. It's marked as medium but should be easy/trivial. I am starting this thread to ask a question:

I am wanting to make a mini story while we are waiting on the update and CW2 anyway I was going to include some dialog between Commander and Ops but would this be considered more of a hindrance/annoyance to you if you downloaded the map? I would just like to release something more than just a map.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Karsten75

I never read the stories on story maps. I play the map and that's it.

Fisherck

Well, that is a tough one. Being a map maker myself, I usually try to write something that is entertaining or can help you beat the map. But I do not think it could hurt. I mean if they do not want to read it, they do not have to. Simple as that. It is just up to you to decide whether or not you want to spend the time to do it.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Blaze

I'm making a map series with a story behind it, gets lots of scores and downloads, can't hurt to try.

Sqaz

It's fun if you're someone like me who likes story maps, and if you don't like it you just press continue.

thepenguin

hmm, a series doesen't really need a story line

for example my "united" series

as to whether or not I read it: only the first time
We have become the creeper...

SPIFFEN

I think you should try to start an story , and see if it works .
And improve the story if it's needed , after an while .
It all depends of how the maps are , if players care about the story or not , i think .

So maps that are good with an good story , should be pop =)
So go for it =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Pyxis_GeeK

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback. I think I will countinue with my story idea and see where that takes me.

Thanks to all who responded.