Custom Map #10959: Childish attempt at PAC 3 - no tricks. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, November 26, 2023, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10959: Childish attempt at PAC 3 - no tricks

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 140x100

Desc:
this is my third PAC map. There are no tricks here, and it should finish the normal way regarldess of how you win. Many thanks to Rennervate / AlexX for the PAC files, and for information on how to use them. Thanks to Mr. builder17 for useful tips. I'd appreciate your feedback in the forums... #PAC #Play As Creeper

Loren Pechtel

You say "no tricks" but I sure can't find the chink in the armor to attack.

stdout

Since you asked for feedback, I will share this: some PAC maps seem to be battles of attrition where you get into stalemates for a long time, and have to move forward a pixel at a time with carefully placed fields. I find them to be tedious and unenjoyable. In this map, I quickly took over most of the map, but then spent over an hour of in game time manipulating the fields to push the creeper pixel by pixel into the bottom left of the map. Not really fun for me. Having some "back door" or a way to starve the energy or some other strategic discovery that helps you get past the front lines is a much more enjoyable mechanic in PAC games in my opinion.

Martin Gronsdal

Loren Pechtel

D0m0nik

I really enjoyed this, feels like a Boss map and it was a real challenge to crack the bottom left. I also learnt a new technique which was very helpful.
Spoiler
Deleting very large, well loaded areas of digitalis, over void, can release quite a wave!
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

it truly can. I've still got a lot to learn about how creeper really behaves in digitalis/and on void.

thanks for playing

Johnny Haywire

Yanno, this map was pretty cool on my second run. The first failed miserably because I thought heading to the right wall looked too obvious, so I navigated my way down the middle. Don't do that.

I did right wall, middle section, then left section but I now realize it would have been faster if I'd
Spoiler
gone down the left side from the top right after finishing the right side
[close]
. As it is, playing on max speed only took about 10-15 real-time minutes so it never felt as if I was barely making progress.

I realize I'm not very good at PAC maps but I do enjoy them. I think you'll enjoy this one more if you
Spoiler
get through the first 4 sections of the left wall, then mass the entire center with tons of digi, releasing mega-waves once you build up around 100-deep creeper or more
[close]

Not sure if Martin's still around, but just in case...

Thanks for the map! =)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?