Custom Map: Creeper Story 1

Started by AutoPost, August 21, 2010, 02:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Creeper Story 1

Author: Shadow

Desc:
a part of a story. the story plays short time after Loki...

Sqaz

You may want to initially lock your blasters, as now you can just move the one at the totem to you, not that you need them as the creeper is terribly weak (which is the purpose I think).

But it seems like you took Virgil's advice to make maps like the conquest maps, but just make the creeper stronger, even though it's an intro, everybody here has already played the original CW levels so an extremely easy level is just boring now.

Shadow

it is a bit an intro, and a game too. I want make the first parts easy and then harder with time  ;)

Sqaz

It's just, there seem to be more intros than other story parts in the custom maps, and it seems like all people want their intro to be as easy as pie.
I'm not saying you should make a hard or medium map, but what's wrong with a little fighting, so it isn't just building collectors and waiting.

km

I played it a few times to try and sort out the collector/relay balance. Perhaps someone will tell me whether it is ever worth moving OC down a 'powered' line during a game to shorten the delivery distance to the final totem?

Karsten75

Quote from: km on August 21, 2010, 06:16:32 AM
I played it a few times to try and sort out the collector/relay balance. Perhaps someone will tell me whether it is ever worth moving OC down a 'powered' line during a game to shorten the delivery distance to the final totem?
Definitely worth it.

Sqaz

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 21, 2010, 06:18:24 AM
Quote from: km on August 21, 2010, 06:16:32 AM
Definitely worth it.

You should also try to always move the city to as close as the last totem possible, and even use it as part of your chain

Shadow

on part 2 it will be more fighting and part 3too  ;)
i already finished these parts now i gonna make part 4  ;D