New powers for creeper

Started by Sniper, January 13, 2010, 05:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sniper

As I read through suggestions, there are many ideas how to improve chances for the player, but not much haw to empower, or better diversify powers of creep. The first question is, if players want this. For me it is the better way how to make maps more difficult and challenging than flattening map / putting on more emitters.

1) There can be more intelligent spores which will try to find unprotected path when entering map.
2) There can be spore-emitter in the map itself.
3) There can be magnetic spores which detonates itself and froze surroundings for brief period of time.
4) There can be slowly moving air-mines (curse for drones and moving towers through air).
5) There can be flex-creep - very resistant to bombing, but vulnerable to blasters.

These are just raw ideas which shows way of thinking, not specific and deeply thought and balanced  ideas. What do you think about them?
If you think noone watchs you, my agents will get bonus.

deathly_god5

I'm not sure about the powers but I think it would be kind of cool if there were different types of creeper besides just the generic creeper and the spores. I see one problem about this though, say there's 2 different kinds of creepers like the default and the flex-creep, what happens when they mix? Does the default gain the ability of the flex or the other way around or would there be like a layer of one then the other?

nic nac

I grasp the creeper as some sort of stupid carpet thats rolled over the map. Now what if there is a limited amount of intelligent creeper thats moving around, looking for a weak spot and multiplies over time?
You either cut it back from time to time, or it eats you whole after a while.
logical S... means big S... - me

Aurzel

intelligent creeper kind of defeats the purpose of the creeper existing in the first place, the creeper's purpose is to wipe out intelligent life after all

Sniper

Such negative thinking, what a pity :-(

"Be intelligent" is very relative. Intelligent creep is nothing more than normal spores - some programs with behavior.

This things can be used in maps / campaigns after LOKI, when creep finds out brutal strategy does not work. Or other way. It is always possible to find explanation. Please try to think about ideas from the way of playability.

Aurzel

i've already argued against this in terms of playability (if you bothered to look at the several other topics where people have brought this up) i thought i'd take up a fresh stance, obviously people dont like me making sense to different areas

Sniper

Quote from: Aurzel on January 14, 2010, 05:48:30 AM
i've already argued against this in terms of playability (if you bothered to look at the several other topics where people have brought this up) i thought i'd take up a fresh stance, obviously people don't like me making sense to different areas

You call yourself moderator? Please, write something relevant, or don't write anything. Link to your ideas wold be enough. But to your "if you bothered to look" tone I can only reply this rude way. I looked through some topics which looked relevant, but found no your reply which you mentioned there. It means that:
1) You lie and it is not there
2) It is in some topic with stupid name which do not seem related (I do not read topics "sums of ideas", because they are about everything and in result about nothing)
3) It is hidden in TL:DR tons of text.

Sorry for the tone, but you asked for that.

Aurzel

fine you win, i cant be bothered to scour the topics for what i said

teengamer

Quote from: deathly_god5 on January 13, 2010, 06:17:32 PM
I'm not sure about the powers but I think it would be kind of cool if there were different types of creeper besides just the generic creeper and the spores. I see one problem about this though, say there's 2 different kinds of creepers like the default and the flex-creep, what happens when they mix? Does the default gain the ability of the flex or the other way around or would there be like a layer of one then the other?
Or have creeper civil wars, where each would be fighting each other and you.

Aurzel

yeah because ... that would make sense ...

nic nac

It does if they're from different pages of the multiverse and their oppinion differs.
logical S... means big S... - me

Karsten75

Quote from: nic nac on January 16, 2010, 10:39:00 PM
It does if they're from different pages of the multiverse and their oppinion differs.

Hmm, yes, i see it now. They could have philosophical differences on how to wipe out the universe.

Almost like the Agnostic that married the Atheist and then they could not agree on which religion NOT to bring their children up in.

Yea, I know it is an old joke!

Aurzel

mhm because there's a way for 2 organisms that dont think to disagree on how to utterly wipe out life, and if you say one says they should kill them slowly and the other quickly i'll drop a big heavy book on your head

teengamer

Quote from: Aurzel on January 17, 2010, 11:31:05 AM
mhm because there's a way for 2 organisms that dont think to disagree on how to utterly wipe out life, and if you say one says they should kill them slowly and the other quickly i'll drop a big heavy book on your head
They destroy life. Creeper = Life..... Therefore they destroy other creeper!

Aurzel

is the creeper alive? its like asking if fire's alive