Terrain that blocks connections and/or Creeper?

Started by Twi, July 30, 2010, 12:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twi

At the moment, I am making a custom map with a relatively confined space, and I am wanting to be able to put little firing ports from where I can place blasters and shoot at the Creeper in safety, but not actually move past them.

What I need is some sort of tile that blocks connections and the Creeper but allows blaster shots to go through. It's really not very complicated.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Echo51

Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

L'ythelle

Put the emitters in a depression and set them at a level that won't overflow the edges. Then make the floor of the depression bumpy enough that nothing can be built there. If your blaster platforms are high enough, the blasters will be safe.

You can build walls that butt up against the platforms if you want to, but there will have to be a break in the wall at each platform.

I wonder if you could assign a custom color to level 5 terrain so it would give the impression of a wall. As long as the platforms are at the same height, the blasters will fire over the pseudo-walls.

If a solid wall is blocking the progress of the creeper, why would you need to shoot at it if you never have to go past it? Maybe I don't understand the question.

mthw2vc

Quote from: Twi on July 30, 2010, 12:24:12 AM
At the moment, I am making a custom map with a relatively confined space, and I am wanting to be able to put little firing ports from where I can place blasters and shoot at the Creeper in safety, but not actually move past them.

What I need is some sort of tile that blocks connections and the Creeper but allows blaster shots to go through. It's really not very complicated.
You can make a double-layered crazonium square with a really weak emitter in the middle and rely on through-the-wall damage to get something similar. It's not quite the same, but about as close as you can get to what you're after right now. Of course, there are other alternatives. Look at the Special OPS map DTD for another example of something that would work for you.

Twi

The idea is to allow the player to put more firepower (specifically, blasters) on a confined space without actually making the space larger.

This can be done with terrain , as I once did in an unreleased map, but it was quite tedious. Plus, the player has to be able to move through said space as usual. Think of it as a firing slit in a bunker or a castle: stuff can be shot out, and if you can aim right, in, but people can't move through it.

Really, the Creeper-blocking part can be done with terrain fairly easily. I only need to block connections.

F0R

i use5 high terrain to fit a blaster that way depending on the creeper intensity it will never over flow

thepenguin

Quote from: Twi on July 30, 2010, 12:24:12 AM

maybe something like this?
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2337&page=
We have become the creeper...

ontheworld

maybe have a 5/4/5/4/5/4/5/4/5/4/5/4/5/4/5/4/5/4 terrain? that would stop most connections... or you get a good way to use crazonium for blocking

Twi

Problem is, I need to be able to move through the area I'm shooting into.
And pengiun, that is not right.

thepenguin

Quote from: Twi on August 08, 2010, 10:35:56 AM

what is not right?
We have become the creeper...

Twi

Quote from: thepenguin on August 08, 2010, 10:57:20 AM
Quote from: Twi on August 08, 2010, 10:35:56 AM

what is not right?

There's only one freaking thing you posted.
Use your brain.