Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10031: 016-Jesse Pinkman

Author: AlexX
Size: 256x256

Desc:
just pink

AstraNine

It may be pink but in less than two minutes I am already well done!

rennervate

don't touch the digitalis at the beginning

Spoiler
u just need 3 cannons to survive the first  time
[close]
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Loren Pechtel

What??  I beat this on the first try and I'm in the top half of the scores.  What's going on?

rennervate

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on May 11, 2022, 02:15:11 PM
What??  I beat this on the first try and I'm in the top half of the scores.  What's going on?

so - well done
I guess I'll have to do some adjustments in the future  ;)

D0m0nik

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on May 11, 2022, 02:15:11 PM

We clearly need more spores  ;)

spirix

meh, had a nice run until this error... and no late save, only very early :(

Guess Jesse didn't want me to finish this one...  ;D ;D

EEderle

Sorry - but I think these maps are not well balenced: In the beginning a frustrating start, where you have to be lucky or do exactly the right things in the right order - often by luck, as it's not obvious  - and then a long battle without any challenges

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: EEderle on May 14, 2022, 08:07:44 AM
Sorry - but I think these maps are not well balenced: In the beginning a frustrating start, where you have to be lucky or do exactly the right things in the right order - often by luck, as it's not obvious  - and then a long battle without any challenges

I wouldn't say luck is much of a factor in these maps.  Both of them are a case of balancing buildup with keeping the creeper off your platform.  I found this one much pickier about how you defended it.  I do agree there's no challenge once you can expand, but that's how most maps go.

rennervate

I agree with Loren on all points.
I've been playing Creeper World for many years. If players like Yum, Martin, Pastor, etc. didn't create their own maps, I would have lost the fun of it some time ago. After not making so many maps for a while, I started making maps myself to fight my boredom. This more for me than for others. So these maps reflect my taste. I'm not a professional game developer who has to sell something. Sometimes the maps are bad, sometimes a little better.
If I think another player might like the map I've created, I'll upload it. But most not. If you don't like mine - don't play these.

P.S. on this map you can secure the base with 3 cannons. That's not hard. And you never need luck with my cards.

Martin Gronsdal

Martin Gronsdal

wait, were there AC bugs in this map?

I didn't play it like that, haha

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on May 15, 2022, 03:16:46 PM
wait, were there AC bugs in this map?

I didn't play it like that, haha

Yup, lots of AC although by the time you get to them there isn't really a need for it.

rennervate

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on May 15, 2022, 03:07:44 PM
Thank you for warm words.

a subtle hint: considering my blood pressure when playing your maps, it was really hard for me  ;D

Martin Gronsdal

I'd wish to see your wife looking at you, in disbelief, when you play this.

You may rest assured that the very same mechanics apply at my home!