Custom Map #9963: Shattered Ruins. By: Dark6al3a

Started by AutoPost, April 06, 2022, 01:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9963: Shattered Ruins

Author: Dark6al3a
Size: 256x256

Desc:
It's done finally Didn't take that long though I still plan to make More "Shattered" maps But that's enough for Now Feedback on the forums page would be useful Anyways...Enjoy! ( I Can't believe that I wasted 7 of my life making 3 Maps )

Dark6al3a

Well, It seems that people didn't really like this map
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

teknotiss

Quote from: Dark6al3a on April 14, 2022, 01:57:16 PM
Well, It seems that people didn't really like this map

i wouldn't get too hung up on map scores dude.... if you want to score 8+ each time you would have to make your maps much more open to different approaches and prob a bit easier to take and hold a base area!

if your maps gets low voting scores but people like D0m0nik, Helper, Weasee or the other regulars put in solid time scores you will know you made a good one!

don't get down about it... make more maps too!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

D0m0nik

I'm sorry to say I saw that it could be very easily beat with the AoOs and so didn't even play it. If there is a fast way to play a map I cannot ignore it and play the long way round.

teknotiss

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 14, 2022, 04:23:41 PM
I'm sorry to say I saw that it could be very easily beat with the AoOs and so didn't even play it. If there is a fast way to play a map I cannot ignore it and play the long way round.

lol thats odd, i am often the opposite!

i rarely use AoO's, some maps demand them but most maps with AoO's i have more fun putting in a slower time and playing the game more "normally" as it were...  :o

everyone is different! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

D0m0nik

People are strange aren't we! Playing a map slowly would frustrate the hell out of me! There is the occasional exception, CSM maps for instance .

teknotiss

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 15, 2022, 04:22:43 PM
People are strange aren't we! Playing a map slowly would frustrate the hell out of me! There is the occasional exception, CSM maps for instance .

we definitely are strange as a species... i personally find CSM maps way too slow mostly, i like the simple versions i make, but the complex ones with bombs and blockers etc etc etc are mostly dull to me...

its a interesting world at least lol  ;D

Helper

I played this one the 'wrong' way, but enjoyed it.
You are still cutting your chops on map making and getting better with practice.

If YOU like your maps, that's what really matters.
You will develop a following and there are about 100 players for every maker, so you're kind of in the driver's seat.
You keep making them and I'll keep playing them.
Thanks,
H

oldnewby

Quote from: AutoPost on April 06, 2022, 01:41:57 AMThis topic is for discussion of map #9963: Shattered Ruins

Author: Dark6al3a
Size: 256x256

Desc:
It's done finally Didn't take that long though I still plan to make More "Shattered" maps But that's enough for Now Feedback on the forums page would be useful Anyways...Enjoy! ( I Can't believe that I wasted 7 of my life making 3 Maps )

Doing what you enjoy is never time wasted... Thank you!!!!
Me??? At +80 years... a trembling mouse curser... poor short term memory for what is happening elsewhere on the map screen... makes the 1/30th of a second game time for each tap of the "N" PC keyboard key a workable compromise... Which makes it possible to play CW3... The drawback is that each minute of game time takes 1/2 to an hour of life time... {The real tough maps that require serious micromanagement by Martin G or AlexX can take 2 to 3 hours per minute...} ... so your AoO maps are pure fun...  AND... CW3 map challenges... with always new things to learn... helps keep "The-Little-Grey-Cells" working to delay the inevitable...
Thank you again
PS:-  If a fast AoO blitz fails... then my lengthy pre-game defense layout gets tested and the game goes on till finished the hard way...