Custom Map #9960: Shattered Ruins 2. By: Dark6al3a

Started by AutoPost, April 05, 2022, 03:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9960: Shattered Ruins 2

Author: Dark6al3a
Size: 256x256

Desc:
I made 2 sequels for my Shattered map And this was the One that was finished first I found out that the "Shattered" Map didn't get a lot Of attention, So I put some CRPL to Get some attention for this one Once the Other sequel is done I'll upload it Also, Please give me feedback so that I can Improve the other maps And Now ... Have fun ! #crpl #spores

Helper

I liked playing this one.
On my first try I just dropped on to the pre-built area and started setting up.
Spoiler
Don't do that. There is an obvious move (not to me) you need to take in the first few seconds.
[close]

Thanks for the fun.
H

stdout

Spoiler
Inhibitor + freeze artifacts are almost always an easy win. The prebuilt Berthas helped in this case.
[close]

Dark6al3a

Quote from: Helper on April 06, 2022, 08:13:57 AM
I liked playing this one.
On my first try I just dropped on to the pre-built area and started setting up.
Spoiler
Don't do that. There is an obvious move (not to me) you need to take in the first few seconds.
[close]

Thanks for the fun.
H
What is that obvious move ?
Getting the Thor early ? Yeah I just left it there
Earlier in the map, I didn't put emitters on the north western islands, Only spores, then I found out that anyone could get the Thor effortlessly
So I placed some Emitters

Very Glad that you had fun with it though
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

Dark6al3a

Quote from: stdout on April 06, 2022, 09:47:32 AM
Spoiler
Inhibitor + freeze artifacts are almost always an easy win. The prebuilt Berthas helped in this case.
[close]
Aren't you the guy who speedruns my maps ?
I wanna know how you beated the original "Shattered" map in 3 minutes

stdout

You have 4 maps, 3 of which have the name "Shattered" in them. My scores on them at 1:27, 2:09 and 2:11.

If you tell me which map you're referring to, I'd be glad to show you how I defeated it so quickly. It always involves the freeze artifact and a quick nullification of the inhibitor.

stdout

See screenshots to see how I beat your map 9943.

First photo shows the initial setup. Drop two CNs to collect the Freeze and Convert artifacts. Point all berthas at the inhibitor (to clear the digitalis) but disarm them temporarily.

Drop the freeze and convert, land the CN, and activate the berthas. Place a few collectors for energy, and build an emitter to kill the inhibitor. Meanwhile, fly a CN over the pickups and use the two remaining converts to drop pools of AC so you can build collectors to pick them up.

Your maps look like a lot of fun. My advice is to not include freeze/convert artifacts on maps that involve inhibitors, or if you're going to include them, make them hard to obtain early.

Hope this helps!

Dark6al3a

Quote from: stdout on April 06, 2022, 05:43:24 PM
See screenshots to see how I beat your map 9943.

First photo shows the initial setup. Drop two CNs to collect the Freeze and Convert artifacts. Point all berthas at the inhibitor (to clear the digitalis) but disarm them temporarily.

Drop the freeze and convert, land the CN, and activate the berthas. Place a few collectors for energy, and build an emitter to kill the inhibitor. Meanwhile, fly a CN over the pickups and use the two remaining converts to drop pools of AC so you can build collectors to pick them up.

Your maps look like a lot of fun. My advice is to not include freeze/convert artifacts on maps that involve inhibitors, or if you're going to include them, make them hard to obtain early.

Hope this helps!
Woah! That's some fast thinking there!
Now, That I know your trick, I'll try to make a map without the speedrun-ability of the Shattered series, ( I'm not done with them, There's still a map or two going to be made, I'm just taking a break )

Also, Which part did you like the most ? ( Or should I say, Stumped you most )

cornucanis

Quote from: Dark6al3a on April 06, 2022, 10:05:43 PM
Now, That I know your trick, I'll try to make a map without the speedrun-ability of the Shattered series

If you still want to have both inhibitors and artifacts of odin on your map, you can also make use of the "AE field range" setting on the inhibitor. This setting designates an area around the inhibitor in which artifacts can not be fired, which makes it much more difficult to pull off that particular flavor of sniping .

D0m0nik

I would enjoy your maps a lot more without any AoOs.

Martin Gronsdal

This leads me to this question: why are fly/AoO exclusion zones square?

Why isn't it possible to make it (almost) any shape one likes? A broad but narrow zone would make it possible to close off part, but not the entire, map...

LappySheep

You could technically make a scuffed circular (or at least oval-resembling shape) air exclusion zone by overlapping multiple of the nodes near each other with varying sizes, although that would make a lot of PZs so it probably is completely unviable unless you have them above void or somewhere that the PZs cannot be used (but that does feel more gimmicky than a real solution).

I can't find anything about AE zones in the CRPL reference either, so I guess that's not a thing supported.

D0m0nik

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on April 07, 2022, 08:25:04 AM
This leads me to this question: why are fly/AoO exclusion zones square?

Why isn't it possible to make it (almost) any shape one likes? A broad but narrow zone would make it possible to close off part, but not the entire, map...

This is exactly the kind of question you always ask before running off and making somthing devilish  :P ;)

Martin Gronsdal

Dark6al3a

Why isn't anyone saying anything about those Meso Pyramids ?
It took ages for me to figure out How to make them