Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9935: Somero

Author: AlexX
Size: 240x240

Desc:

Helper

This is outstanding!
Not giving any Spoiler, but I think a lot of players will do the same thing I did after fighting for about 20-25 minutes.
Start over and do it right.
LOL!

Thanks for the fun.
H

rennervate

-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

Just had a restart myself. Very simple when you get it right.

Spoiler
It's all about the snipers
[close]

rennervate

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 27, 2022, 08:21:14 AM
Just had a restart myself. Very simple when you get it right.

Spoiler
It's all about the snipers
[close]

or flying cannon with target priority

stdout

It's a pretty easy and straight forward map, but I'm not sure how you guys are getting your half hour scores. What am I missing?

Yes, the spores to a single place generate AC. Yes, the snipers activate the AC chain reaction from the nests. But still, progress is quite inhibited by the waves of spores. How did you all do it?

Helper

Picture attached at 03:29.
I don't have a clue how D managed to kill the Spore Towers so quickly.
I built 4 Guppies for the attack, but could have used twice that many.
HTH.

H

rennervate

my idea when designing the map was - turn off the sporetowers first... but apparently there must be another way faster

D0m0nik

I think H is taking too long to break out of the base.

Spoiler
The spores are of little threat for a while, concentrate on taking PZs
When you do start making guppies don't take the closest first, take them in order of magnitude, the far islands have 4 spores of 5 each and top right is one 15 spore.
Once you have the chain reaction going with AC fly a cannon in there and break the digitalis to the nest, take these isalnds as fast as you can as thats a lot of PZs plus you can relay up from the islands
[close]

R - Yes, I ignored the spores for a while, they are not really a threat if you can take enough PZs.

D0m0nik

I really enjoyed this styke of map, reminds me of some of Yums maps but still original.

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 29, 2022, 02:54:43 AM
I really enjoyed this styke of map, reminds me of some of Yums maps but still original.
You remember my maps and I remember your maps! "freundliche Erinnerungen"  ;D
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Helper

Da Yumster!
Konichiwa Yum-sama.

H234

Helper

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 29, 2022, 02:53:37 AM

LOL!
You got that right.
Looking through your screen captures, I can see where I am being way too cautious.
Your dropping those Snipers right in the middle of the Creep is not something I would ever think of, but clearly works just fine.
And, of course, the magic of the PZ has never been more apparent (after one sees a picture).

Well played!
H

rennervate

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 29, 2022, 02:53:37 AM

Spoiler
The spores are of little threat for a while, concentrate on taking PZs
When you do start making guppies don't take the closest first, take them in order of magnitude, the far islands have 4 spores of 5 each and top right is one 15 spore.
Once you have the chain reaction going with AC fly a cannon in there and break the digitalis to the nest, take these isalnds as fast as you can as thats a lot of PZs plus you can relay up from the islands
[close]

R - Yes, I ignored the spores for a while, they are not really a threat if you can take enough PZs.

ok - reminds me - i'm still a noob.

stdout

Great exchange of information. Thanks Domonik for all of that. My error was I was trying to be too creative, terping here and flying around there. The straightforward blitz to the PZs was the right approach.