Started by AutoPost, March 23, 2022, 07:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9932: Printempo

Author: AlexX
Size: 240x240

Desc:

teknotiss

after a quick blast at this one i can offer this advice...

build beams and reactors in large numbers...

and good luck! :o
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on March 23, 2022, 04:04:41 PM

Great advice!
There are a few easy to pick up PZ's and you're going to need them for power and Beams.
That little island looks hard to take, but is not.
Get that as quickly as you can for the Totems.
I'm going to start all over and make some attack changes.

The old military adage that "No battle plan survives past the first contact with the enemy" is in full force here.
Try it and you'll see what I mean.

AlexX - Thanks for the fun game.
H

rennervate

u're welcome.

the time of both D's is incredible again....
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on March 24, 2022, 07:15:16 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on March 23, 2022, 04:04:41 PM

Great advice!
There are a few easy to pick up PZ's and you're going to need them for power and Beams.
That little island looks hard to take, but is not.
Get that as quickly as you can for the Totems.
I'm going to start all over and make some attack changes.

The old military adage that "No battle plan survives past the first contact with the enemy" is in full force here.
Try it and you'll see what I mean.

AlexX - Thanks for the fun game.
H

i too will need to restart, or at least reload a save spot...

that central island is a pain... perhaps a load of blasters in waves???

i was hoping snipers would get an AC farm going but not so far for me...   ??? ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Not sure what the trick is with that island.
My first play through I just hooked up PZ Relay, one PZ Mortar (set to Digi), dropped in one Sniper - and the island fell pretty quickly.
This time it took forever, even after I dropped in a Cannon.
(So...after typing that, I just went and looked again and it seems someone forgot to set the Mortar to Digi.)
Oops! I might have to hop in the way back machine on this one.

Other thought - I wonder why this is taking such a beating in the Ranking? It is on the difficult side, and you know it's going to be long, but I thought it was a GOOD long battle.

Just spotted the new one for the day. I think the full title starts with "Into the..."
;)
H

rennervate

the important thing is - to place the mortar on the left pz - not on the right one

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on March 25, 2022, 03:57:12 AM
Not sure what the trick is with that island.
My first play through I just hooked up PZ Relay, one PZ Mortar (set to Digi), dropped in one Sniper - and the island fell pretty quickly.
This time it took forever, even after I dropped in a Cannon.
(So...after typing that, I just went and looked again and it seems someone forgot to set the Mortar to Digi.)
Oops! I might have to hop in the way back machine on this one.

Other thought - I wonder why this is taking such a beating in the Ranking? It is on the difficult side, and you know it's going to be long, but I thought it was a GOOD long battle.

Just spotted the new one for the day. I think the full title starts with "Into the..."
;)
H

maps that need a bunch of restarts and reload to get a good time tend to get down-rated.

people don't like hard maps most of the time and this one is, if not "hard" hard, at least "hard" adjacent...  8)

Martin Gronsdal

loved this map.

My approach was probably different. Very different.

rennervate

D0m0nik

Almost 17hrs, that is a new record. I am impressed!!  ;D

Martin Gronsdal

I did it without any units that  attract spores, until I had killed enough of spore towers to start building a base and withstand  the remaining spores.

rennervate

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on March 29, 2022, 09:24:52 AM
I did it without any units that  attract spores, until I had killed enough of spore towers to start building a base and withstand  the remaining spores.

:o

Martin Gronsdal

this is how it looked like when I started to build the base.

D0m0nik