Custom Map #2536: The beginning. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, November 05, 2021, 07:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2536: The beginning

Author: Vertu
Size: 225x150

Mr$Hyper$

Finally, the particles are here but instead of being shot from the void into the terrain, they go after your units? It's interesting but I prefer the sound of snipers instead of the loud rings of missiles flying every second. The emitters were easy pickings but the particle is just there to kill my sound because any map not having 5 productions with this particle emitter is gg.

The particles themselves never once struck my units as they kept on flying even as it touched the top of the mortar before flying in an odd twister motion before being shot down. I don't know what they are going to do if they hit the ground but it's a lot easier this way than CW3 where they are just an energy dump but far from the battlefield, they do a big impact. The terrain was interesting by looks but its design makes half the area unusable making me utilize terp fleets to get my cannons onto places. It's nice to see particles return but I really prefer they stuck with their CW3 mechanic
7/10

Vertu

Quote from: Mr$Hyper$ on November 05, 2021, 08:00:55 PM
Finally, the particles are here but instead of being shot from the void into the terrain, they go after your units? It's interesting but I prefer the sound of snipers instead of the loud rings of missiles flying every second. The emitters were easy pickings but the particle is just there to kill my sound because any map not having 5 productions with this particle emitter is gg.

The particles themselves never once struck my units as they kept on flying even as it touched the top of the mortar before flying in an odd twister motion before being shot down. I don't know what they are going to do if they hit the ground but it's a lot easier this way than CW3 where they are just an energy dump but far from the battlefield, they do a big impact. The terrain was interesting by looks but its design makes half the area unusable making me utilize terp fleets to get my cannons onto places. It's nice to see particles return but I really prefer they stuck with their CW3 mechanic
7/10
No idea what they were in CW3. This is based on PF.
They have to be within close enough to their target to damage it which is a bit funky and seems too low based on your persepctive, I will have to increase it.

Now this is a beta version, it's not 100% done and this map was meant to be very easy. Unfortunately with how missiles work in CW4, I can't solve the sound issue. I can however make some units specifically designed to destroy the Particle which then I can modify their sound.

And yes, their acceleration is very low, so I am going to up their default speed (non-changed variable by the unit's script settings).

Now the funny part is how aggressive they are. They will kill ANY non-impervious unit, including the Project Oden markers and actual units. Place a rain? They kill the unit that creates that circuit AND the rain itself (the raining explosives spawner). Kinda funny, but is also unfixable as these are core units..

There also seems to be some core-game bug that just appeared as Missile Launchers suddenly became super unreliable in ACTUALLY HITTING THEM. The missiles will launch, blow up at the Particle, and sometimes do no damage. This has been found in only testing but I am gonna hate it if the game is starting to break on me.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Mr$Hyper$

Quote from: Vertu on November 05, 2021, 10:55:21 PM
Quote from: Mr$Hyper$ on November 05, 2021, 08:00:55 PM

7/10
No idea what they were in CW3. This is based on PF.
They have to be within close enough to their target to damage it which is a bit funky and seems too low based on your persepctive, I will have to increase it.

Now this is a beta version, it's not 100% done and this map was meant to be very easy. Unfortunately with how missiles work in CW4, I can't solve the sound issue. I can however make some units specifically designed to destroy the Particle which then I can modify their sound.

And yes, their acceleration is very low, so I am going to up their default speed (non-changed variable by the unit's script settings).

Now the funny part is how aggressive they are. They will kill ANY non-impervious unit, including the Project Oden markers and actual units. Place a rain? They kill the unit that creates that circuit AND the rain itself (the raining explosives spawner). Kinda funny, but is also unfixable as these are core units..

There also seems to be some core-game bug that just appeared as Missile Launchers suddenly became super unreliable in ACTUALLY HITTING THEM. The missiles will launch, blow up at the Particle, and sometimes do no damage. This has been found in only testing but I am gonna hate it if the game is starting to break on me.

Oh it's fine you don't know the CW3 version but let be elaborate on their mechanic, it's an emitter stuck in space just like the ones in PF but they fire one particle in a single direction at a time and bounce off of each other if that ever happens. They can shoot out fast or go slow, have lots of hp or not. The particles if I remember now were considered air targets since only beams can hit them but I believe snipers would make it more interesting but your mode is not mine. Also, I make maps but I can't code so it's going to be a challenge to see how this might fit in an unrelated map that credits you.