Custom Map #2411: Vertu 02 Quad world. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, October 06, 2021, 10:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2411: Vertu 02 Quad world

Author: Vertu
Size: 256x256

Hatsee

Wont summon the Tesla for some reason, and when you swap the summoner blows up and cripples you for a minute which needs to not happen. 

It flashes like it should summon something then nothing.  Tried making the ground around level for some reason, didn't work.  Meh, I'll try later.

dj84722

Quote from: Hatsee on October 07, 2021, 12:13:39 AM
Wont summon the Tesla for some reason, and when you swap the summoner blows up and cripples you for a minute which needs to not happen. 

It flashes like it should summon something then nothing.  Tried making the ground around level for some reason, didn't work.  Meh, I'll try later.

The intro message says the Tesla can't be summoned yet in the current cpack version and that he is working it, though i think vertu should only add the selection option when it is ready

That explosion should only happen when you change what you are summoning mid-summon, it's to prevent things like using starting the summon of an auto station then swapping to a R-fighter and getting it really quick and cheap. or for some other reason it summons what wasn't selected to be summoned

Since the AI mode was added to the HCPPCAS it no longer turns to the direction it is moving and it keeps randomly losing the ability to fire with the only fix being to destroy it and summon another one. I'm guessing it is related to the not turning bug and it's losing the ability to aim at its target

Vertu

Quote from: dj84722 on October 07, 2021, 03:16:40 AM
Quote from: Hatsee on October 07, 2021, 12:13:39 AM

The intro message says the Tesla can't be summoned yet in the current cpack version and that he is working it, though i think vertu should only add the selection option when it is ready

That explosion should only happen when you change what you are summoning mid-summon, it's to prevent things like using starting the summon of an auto station then swapping to a R-fighter and getting it really quick and cheap. or for some other reason it summons what wasn't selected to be summoned

Since the AI mode was added to the HCPPCAS it no longer turns to the direction it is moving and it keeps randomly losing the ability to fire with the only fix being to destroy it and summon another one. I'm guessing it is related to the not turning bug and it's losing the ability to aim at its target

The problem with the Tesla was I had a failsafe for it when it doesn't summon. This failsafe worked partially as you here a beep when it "Summons" the Tesla. Though I found out it does not work properly when I was DEEEP in the mission at the time. I was not about to redo it.
The laser safelight's AI actually works fine, you don't need to destroy it and resummons it. It will eventually get a proper orientation as it rotates very slowly and can move faster than it rotates at times for specific angles, causing it to have trouble getting the right angle. It does not bother with rotating towards it's flight vector as it has no benefit in doing so and.. is a battle safelight that can fly in atmosphere.. (Also wait.. you can destroy the VAUs?? Eh.)

So in summary, I found issues too late in a dedicated play test to have the resolve to fix and restart. It's one of those missions "you like a lot but never want to replay".
I will be working on some fixes to all of this, that is why my VAUs on the forums is not updated to that version.

HOWEVER!
The summoner exploding AFTER it fails to summon the TESLA happens when IT IS NOT SUMMONING ANYMORE! THIS!! My friends. Is a PROPER error/bug. All the other errors/bugs are small and mostly insignificant and require a quick bit of code refining but that behavior is "game breaking" category, requiring immediate attention. I had a bit of a stressful day on the day I was testing this map along with how I spent a good hour of diligence playing it on a proper run only to find out. Gotta reset due to a bug. My resolve could not tolerate a reset at that point so I apologize.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Vertu

Actually I just encountered the bug where the HCPPCAS stops firing. I never encountered it before and it seems related to disarming it which I did do on a mission I was doing. Too bad that mission was taking ages due to being at a good 2 FPS in it's late game (if only I had my new computer D:<) so I ain't gonna fix it for that mission but have encountered the bug after seeing it be super reliable in the past.

As the creator if it. I believe it's related to it's arming behavior mid animation. So if you don't want to break it, don't touch it's Armed button when it's summoned in and simply set it's AI on or something along those lines.
It works perfectly in my testing world but is broken in any other mission...... Great. This will be fun.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.