Custom Map #2408: Hold on. By: THE4GATTEN

Started by AutoPost, October 06, 2021, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2408: Hold on

Author: THE4GATTEN
Size: 216x216

Karsten75

This is another version of the "do-nothing" map. The player doesn't have to do anything beyond hitting the unpause (optionally hit 4x speed) and then wait until one can press the "Rift Jump" key 20 minutes later (5 minutes at 4x speed).

So I ask, what's the point?

I'm reporting this map as a "no gameplay" map and I hope a few other, like-minded individuals will follow suit so we can start winnowing these types of maps out of Colonial space.

And yes, in case you wondered, I get cranky about maps like these.

and now I'll go wait for rebuttal posts or more Private Messages from folks telling me they like these kind of maps.

alche

yeah, was thinking the same thing, theres nothing to do, maybe it was his/her first map or something and needed rework?

ButterySkank

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 06, 2021, 02:55:00 PM
This is another version of the "do-nothing" map. The player doesn't have to do anything beyond hitting the unpause (optionally hit 4x speed) and then wait until one can press the "Rift Jump" key 20 minutes later (5 minutes at 4x speed).

So I ask, what's the point?

I'm reporting this map as a "no gameplay" map and I hope a few other, like-minded individuals will follow suit so we can start winnowing these types of maps out of Colonial space.

And yes, in case you wondered, I get cranky about maps like these.

and now I'll go wait for rebuttal posts or more Private Messages from folks telling me they like these kind of maps.

I like how this guy goes around critiquing maps, when they have essentially created their own do nothing map without realizing it, their map cascades was a pretty much just sit there and wait until you can get enough balls built up to counter the creeper.

Karsten75

Quote from: ButterySkank on October 07, 2021, 10:54:21 AM

I like how this guy goes around critiquing maps, when they have essentially created their own do nothing map without realizing it, their map cascades was a pretty much just sit there and wait until you can get enough balls built up to counter the creeper.

You do have to connect to a unit, you do have to construct mines  and mine Blueite.  you do have to actually move the conversion bombs to places. You can finish my map early by playing aggressively.

Even at that low level of inactivity, I won't complain. I'm complaining about maps that absolutely win themselves. if you have a few map with more activity, I'd like to try them out?

Edit: If I read the comments on my map Cascades, (which I forgot to do for a while) it seems that more people are posting because they either had fun  or difficulty completing it.

so no complaints along the lines of your remark. Which, of course, you should probably go make on the relevant map, instead of attacking me for having a strong opinion that a map should have an element of user involvement to complete. 

Jakobaland

I do like the general idea the map is going for, but man make it a challenge instead of an auto-win.