Custom Map #2372: [RUSH] 09 Leo, 266. By: CS Z

Started by AutoPost, September 27, 2021, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2372: [RUSH] 09 Leo, 266

Author: CS Z
Size: 192x120

CS Z

If you recognize this map, that is because it is actually the first mission map of the main CW4 campaign that was saved at a very specific point in time on the game clock and RUSH mode custom units added.  The only key change is that the ERN portal has been added to make the map both a bit easier AND cheesier.  Everything but a couple of lines of code from the mission script was removed to eliminate spoilers.

This is the first in a series of RUSH mode maps that are based on some of the main CW4 campaign maps, some of the Span Experiments maps, the occasional Chronom map, and maybe even some Colonies maps.

Credit to the original mapmaker will always be given.  Mission script code and/or ADA/game messages removed or heavily altered to prevent spoilers.  I recommend completing the original map before playing the RUSH mode version.

Greytusks

I wasn't certain at first try on the 1st, but after a few of these maps I now like these. Thanks for making them.

CS Z

Quote from: Greytusks on September 28, 2021, 03:13:22 AM
I wasn't certain at first try on the 1st, but after a few of these maps I now like these. Thanks for making them.

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying RUSH mode.

I think the next map will actually be a tutorial to teach players how to more efficiently use the new units.  I spotted a 1+ hour time posted by someone for one of these maps.

knightace

Quote from: CS Z on September 28, 2021, 09:57:37 AM
Quote from: Greytusks on September 28, 2021, 03:13:22 AM

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying RUSH mode.

I think the next map will actually be a tutorial to teach players how to more efficiently use the new units.  I spotted a 1+ hour time posted by someone for one of these maps.

Haha; that's not always because of struggling. I tend to post long times; I like to do really silly things on many maps- like drowned everything in anticreeper instead of just go for the win.

I'm terribly, terribly inefficient; but not because I'm bad. I'm just having fun my own way. (haven't done this rush map yet; did another one)