Custom Map #2370: [RUSH] Uh...I'm in a hurry. By: CS Z

Started by AutoPost, September 26, 2021, 10:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2370: [RUSH] Uh...I'm in a hurry

Author: CS Z
Size: 220x136

CS Z

This map features a new game mode called RUSH.  There are five custom units to play with that are designed for both maximum cheese and maximum fun.  This mission can be beaten in a little over 6 minutes of in-game time.

The Instant Build unit is very powerful.  It immediately completes any unit that is currently being built and gives it max ammo.  It will even build and supply ammo to disabled units.

The Leveler unit levels terrain.  Combined with the Instant Build unit, an entire map's terrain can be leveled very quickly.  Note that it only affects terrain, not void.  Also keep in mind where Leveler units are placed - units that blow up on uneven terrain will still blow up if they are on the edge.

The Landfill unit fills one square of void.  The Instant unit constructs three Landfill units per charge.  I highly recommend using click + drag to fill in void on this map.

The Teleport unit teleports a moving unit in range to its destination.  This is perhaps the weakest of the units given the power of the Instant unit but it is still useful on this map.

The ERN Maker (aka ERN Forge) is a familiar unit.  I use a slightly modified version that accepts an ERN.  Although, in this case, it's unnecessary.  The Instant unit can be used to cheese this unit to produce as many ERNs as you want/need.

I'm attaching a few screenshots for fun.  The second screenshot shows a random egg launched into the sky when terrain height suddenly changes with the Leveler unit (no idea why that happens).

Greytusks

I enjoyed the map better once I had a better grasp of how to use the new units.

Question : is the 'infinite' ERNs and rockets trick as designed? I feel it is necessary for the 6 minutes or less time you mentioned but I wasn't sure if it was intended or not.

CS Z

Quote from: Greytusks on September 28, 2021, 05:50:57 AM
I enjoyed the map better once I had a better grasp of how to use the new units.

Question : is the 'infinite' ERNs and rockets trick as designed? I feel it is necessary for the 6 minutes or less time you mentioned but I wasn't sure if it was intended or not.

From my first post in this thread:  "The Instant unit can be used to cheese [ERN Maker] to produce as many ERNs as you want/need."

Those are definitely as designed.  Instant unit building is actually limited per map cell and resets every 20 seconds of game time (otherwise a rocket would launch every few seconds).  Any and all cheese is acceptable and probably by design.

WithersChat

The ERN trick is not as cheesy as the Rocket trick TBH
There is no signature!