Great New Maps

Started by PHOENIX79, July 12, 2010, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHOENIX79

I didn't know where to put this where ALL the authors would see it.    I just wanted to say that when I first started playing the custom maps, I'd only find 1 or 2 new ones that I actually played a day.   In the last week or so, it seems like there are more and more great maps added everyday.   So thank you to all of those that are putting time into these maps and keeping me free from boredom  :)

SPIFFEN

There is many older maps that are nice too .
You can refresh your custom map page and see if an :
Four Random Maps to "wet" your interest
comes up you think you want to play =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Yeah, it's just impossible to keep up with it. Also nice to see that you are creating many maps lately.

Nevertheless I can recommend anybody to have a look at the first 100-200 maps. Some of these are really nice and aren't played that often because the score system for custom maps wasn't in place at that time. Especially some of the maps by Apocalypstic (and Xylnalya) are very good (in my opinion). Pretty tough, but very well designed.

Edit: Spiff just beat me in posting with the same idea in mind. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

PHOENIX79

Thank you both , I think I'll take some time out today to scroll through the older pages.    Hopefully with a bit more practice, someday I'll be able to complete one of the "nice job" maps.  lol

Blaze

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 12, 2010, 10:50:06 AM
Yeah, it's just impossible to keep up with it.

I keep up with everything all in one day.  :)

PHOENIX79

I wish I COULD keep up with all of it in one day..just getting too old I guess  ;)

UpperKEES

I'm sure Blaze means: he just reads about it. ;)

Blaze

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 14, 2010, 08:12:27 AM
I'm sure Blaze means: he just reads about it. ;)

No, I play a map if I like what I see and read.

PHOENIX79

This is the first forum I've ever decided to join, I'm still learning to navigate it. 

UpperKEES

Quote from: Blaze on July 15, 2010, 12:18:54 AM

Hmmm, then you must be very picky. You posted 5 scores for ~2600 maps....

Quote from: PHOENIX79 on July 15, 2010, 12:43:59 AM
This is the first forum I've ever decided to join, I'm still learning to navigate it. 

You made the right choice! :) You may find this useful and so is this.

Blaze

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 15, 2010, 12:48:16 AM
Quote from: Blaze on July 15, 2010, 12:18:54 AM

Hmmm, then you must be very picky. You posted 5 scores for ~2600 maps....

Quote from: PHOENIX79 on July 15, 2010, 12:43:59 AM

You made the right choice! :) You may find this useful and so is this.

I never really post a score, unless I really loved the map, or I did really good.
I don't see the point in posting a 5000 and under score. (I overbuild. ALOT.)

PHOENIX79

Thank you very much for those links UpperKEES

Karsten75

Quote from: PHOENIX79 on July 12, 2010, 10:38:38 AM
I didn't know where to put this where ALL the authors would see it.    I just wanted to say that when I first started playing the custom maps, I'd only find 1 or 2 new ones that I actually played a day.   In the last week or so, it seems like there are more and more great maps added everyday.   So thank you to all of those that are putting time into these maps and keeping me free from boredom  :)

Belated welcome and I see you're planning to give SPIFFEN a run for the number of maps uploaded!  :)

Just so you know, we limit uploads by the same author so that one author does not get to dominate the new maps section. So if you are wondering why all of your maps are not released, that is the reason. 

PHOENIX79

Thanks Karsten. Its been a pleasure meeting all of you.  I had read a comment you worte to Spiffen in one of the topics about "still not releasing more than 2 maps at a time"   So I figured there was a limit of some sort.  As for the "run for the money"  hmmmm, lol, I just have alot of free time before and after work. I would however not mind being as talented as these top map makers someday  :)