Custom Map #2205: Operation scorch. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, August 21, 2021, 03:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2205: Operation scorch

Author: Vertu
Size: 150x225

dj84722

I like the AC missile on the SML, there are not enough AC weapons in the game in my opinion

Bugs:
If you change the SML to the Anti Creeper missile while the SML building, the ammo doesn't load properly, the hover tool-tip ammo counter doesn't update, the targeting beam color stays red and the missile wont fire at max ammo,  can be fixed by changing to another ammo after it is built but removes all anticreeper loaded into it

The HCPPCAS While armed takes damage from any creeper below it as if it were on ground level

The EXP-VRF and the MBF don't obey the unit limits and you can build as many of them as you want
Summoner.4rpl
line 38
GetUnitsByType(<-EXP_VRFguid 1) ->activeVR
should be
GetUnitsByType(<-EXP_VRFguid 1) ->activeVRF

Line 80
   if(<-activeVRFunits neq(<-Max_MBFs) <-ammo gte(<-MBF_SUMMON_COST) &&)
should be
   if(<-activeMBFunits neq(<-Max_MBFs) <-ammo gte(<-MBF_SUMMON_COST) &&)

Vertu

Quote from: dj84722 on August 23, 2021, 03:36:49 AM
I like the AC missile on the SML, there are not enough AC weapons in the game in my opinion

Bugs:
If you change the SML to the Anti Creeper missile while the SML building, the ammo doesn't load properly, the hover tool-tip ammo counter doesn't update, the targeting beam color stays red and the missile wont fire at max ammo,  can be fixed by changing to another ammo after it is built but removes all anticreeper loaded into it

The HCPPCAS While armed takes damage from any creeper below it as if it were on ground level

The EXP-VRF and the MBF don't obey the unit limits and you can build as many of them as you want
Summoner.4rpl
line 38
GetUnitsByType(<-EXP_VRFguid 1) ->activeVR
should be
GetUnitsByType(<-EXP_VRFguid 1) ->activeVRF

Line 80
   if(<-activeVRFunits neq(<-Max_MBFs) <-ammo gte(<-MBF_SUMMON_COST) &&)
should be
   if(<-activeMBFunits neq(<-Max_MBFs) <-ammo gte(<-MBF_SUMMON_COST) &&)

Thank you very much I will be looking into this.
Due to how expansive some of my scripts get in terms of how many potential combinations there can be it's difficult to consider every potential instance that can break these units. This includes typos.
Sometimes just having an extra pair of eyes is enough to detect soooo many missed errors.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Vertu

Looked at the SML after fixing the Air units a bit. It does not break while building because no inputs are accepted by the SML while building due to a return call for while it's building at the start of it's code. I swapped it around myself (the missile type) and the buildWare stayed as Lithic and kept coming. The Ammo display is intended to not show while building, it's ammo, not build progress.

As for it not firing at max ammo, that can be a little bit of code I put in that "tracks" what ammo loaded it to 1,000 so if you swap types you don't loose an entire missile's worth of ammo but it will not fire until you fire with the correct missile type that it "loaded". You may of encountered this failsafe and thought of it as a bug.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

dj84722

I found what was going on with the HCPPCAS damage bug

HCPPCAS.4rpl
Line 213
SetUnitCreeperDamages(self true)
Should be
SetUnitCreeperDamages(self false)

With this change it only takes damage from creeper touching the unit

Vertu

Quote from: dj84722 on August 26, 2021, 12:54:18 AM
I found what was going on with the HCPPCAS damage bug

HCPPCAS.4rpl
Line 213
SetUnitCreeperDamages(self true)
Should be
SetUnitCreeperDamages(self false)

With this change it only takes damage from creeper touching the unit
Already fixed it. Was a hickup from before, I swapped those statements with informer data (0 and 1s) to restrict and influence the call that initiates the function @CheckDamage.