Custom Map #2146: [RNG] Mineseeker. By: CS Z

Started by AutoPost, August 09, 2021, 08:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2146: [RNG] Mineseeker

Author: CS Z
Size: 135x135

CS Z

I hope you enjoy playing this mashup that is essentially classic Minesweeper set in the CW4 universe.

Every time you play, a brand new, randomly generated but fully solvable puzzle is created on a 9x9 board with about 29% danger spot ("mine") density.

I recommend enabling "Trans Creep" under the "Options" dropdown on the right side of the screen.   Doing so makes it easier to see the flags and numbers and also not forget that you're playing a different game mode.

Please don't forget to give a Thumbs Up on the map in Colonies if you like it!

There are a number of different winning conditional messages.  Can you find them all?  (Don't cheat by looking at the 4RPL.)

Builder17

CS Z

The cheat code is:

Spoiler
xyzzy

Which is the same cheat code as the cheat code that used to work on Windows Minesweeper.
[close]

Epiphaner

Awesome map, though I think I encountered some glitches when I played again.
It would suddenly announce I had made mistakes and bombs I had flagged early on turned into emitters.
Did I actually make a mistake and was it just slow to react?
A bit of a bummer since I was on route to get a sub 5 minute time  ;D

CS Z

Quote from: Epiphaner on August 18, 2021, 04:43:49 AM
Awesome map, though I think I encountered some glitches when I played again.
It would suddenly announce I had made mistakes and bombs I had flagged early on turned into emitters.
Did I actually make a mistake and was it just slow to react?
A bit of a bummer since I was on route to get a sub 5 minute time  ;D

Glad you are enjoying it!

The detection code should only fire when a fully built unit lands on a mine position.  I had problems with Terps at one point that I thought I had fixed (their little sub-units they send out to do work register as a landed, built unit), which actually broke rift lab detection.  So I specifically re-added rift lab detection.  There's even a special message for when the player just uses the rift lab to solve the puzzle.

There are about 2,000 lines of 4RPL for this map with about 850 of that total being used for the internal mine generator/solver, 250-ish for the flag unit, and the rest for the mission.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are still a couple of obscure bugs lurking around (I know of one with the solver).  Next time you encounter an issue, post a screenshot of the problem.

jtalisman

I know it's been a while but I just played this for the first time today and I can confirm using the "Rain" orbital power on an undiscovered tile also treated that tile as if I'd landed a unit on it, and flying a porter over undiscovered tiles treated every one as if I'd landed units on them, including setting off a mine on a tile I'd already flagged.

CS Z

Quote from: jtalisman on September 26, 2021, 01:06:34 PM
I know it's been a while but I just played this for the first time today and I can confirm using the "Rain" orbital power on an undiscovered tile also treated that tile as if I'd landed a unit on it, and flying a porter over undiscovered tiles treated every one as if I'd landed units on them, including setting off a mine on a tile I'd already flagged.

The flag unit when it is raised only PREVENTS triggering the condition by changing the terrain to Contaminant.  You can still intentionally trigger a mine by Terping the terrain to decontaminate it and then landing a unit on it.

Porters are a bit of a surprise though.  And I don't think I would have had the patience to try orbitals since the map mostly clears itself.