Custom Map #1436: Cursor-07 TrickyCorp. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, April 29, 2021, 10:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1436: Cursor-07 TrickyCorp

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 256x160

TrickyPlayer

I might have placed down too much buildings and gave the player a too weak cursor... if I do this again I'll make sure to do it the other way around so that parts of the map don't play themself XD
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

GadgetBoy

Wanted to play. Didn't because you failed to properly attribute other mod authors' code and assets.

You don't get to say "i took this code from some map". You say "I used the auto build code made by so-and-so".

Durikkan

Quote from: GadgetBoy on April 29, 2021, 03:20:20 PM
Wanted to play. Didn't because you failed to properly attribute other mod authors' code and assets.

You don't get to say "i took this code from some map". You say "I used the auto build code made by so-and-so".

The autobuild stuff is taken from my map #1394, and was originally WithersChat's but was redesigned a bit by me.

In fairness to TrickyCorp, they probably saw me say 'I think credit is appreciated, but isn't required.' on the discord server, so I didn't mind if they didn't credit me.
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Durikkan on April 29, 2021, 04:48:59 PM
The autobuild stuff is taken from my map #1394, and was originally WithersChat's but was redesigned a bit by me.

In fairness to TrickyCorp, they probably saw me say 'I think credit is appreciated, but isn't required.' on the discord server, so I didn't mind if they didn't credit me.

Actually I didn't know who made it and didn't feel like asking on the discord again. Gonna try to properly reference it next time (there will be another map like this, but different)
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

fooschnickens

It appears that the AI is bugged in that it won't place any more towers after a certain amount of time, only pylons. This kinda throws a wrench in the autobuilding since it creates gaps that can't be bridged and locks out entire sections of the map from being reinforced. While this doesn't prevent you from satisfying the reclaim condition, I couldn't for the life of me manage to get all the towers or nullify everything. Whether or not this is by design I can't say.

I hit a brick wall trying to clear out the bottom left corner, top right near the dark tower, and bottom right including the flip breeder inside the R and P characters. The autobuild tries to build units, but with no towers or pylons within range, nothing ever gets built and they get swept away by creep.

Karsten75

Quote from: GadgetBoy on April 29, 2021, 03:20:20 PM

He doesn't have to say diddly squat.  He can, if he want to, but it is not against any "rules" to not attribute the author of scripts, code or other map elements.