Reactors

Started by yck~, January 08, 2010, 05:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yck~

If there's not many topics about them being overpowered (wut?), then I guess it's only my imagination, but...
I know finishing campaign is not the only challenge this game poses to a player, but I think it could be a little more demanding after all. What I mean by that is reactor spam on most of maps. If there's enough ground to spare, you build one or two blasters to fight off Creeper and then build reactors field after field, until you have enough energy to make a small army of blasts and rush the Emitter to cap it eventually. I guess it might be a newbish tactic, but it's easy to discover and I think it only needs a few adjustments to be quite effective. Reactors might be expensive, but you can have a small farm of these after first few minutes of game and be ready to assault.
What do ya think?

ninja edit!

Aurzel

reactor farms are a legit strategy, some maps encourage it, some punish you for it, but one thing's for sure: you wont get the high score doing that

Karsten75

Quote from: yck~ on January 08, 2010, 05:24:16 PM
If there's not many topics about them being overpowered (wut?), then I guess it's only my imagination, but...

Couldn't have looked very far, this topic got pushed off the front page by yours.... ;)

yck~

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 08, 2010, 06:14:34 PM
Quote from: yck~ on January 08, 2010, 05:24:16 PM

Couldn't have looked very far, this topic got pushed off the front page by yours.... ;)
Yea, I've just noticed! =D
I guess I shouldn't blame the tactic making story mode easy to complete, but it's just my advice to think about it next time.

Karsten75

You may also find this topic of interest. Has to do with the cost-effectiveness of reactors.