Buying full version

Started by HuDat, January 06, 2010, 06:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuDat

I've played the simulator on armorgames.com and I LOVE the idea to this game. I finished it rather quickly and was sad that it was short but then I found that there's more to this game. Is buying the full version worth it? I'm looking for the game to be long and take up a lot of my time (more than a week to finish it). If I just beat it and stop playing after 3 days I wouldn't feel that it was worth it.

Siccles

the main story line, the conquest map and the special obs dont take as much time as you may like ( i would say they take about 10-30 hours, depending on how you play them), BUT

-there are alot of user-made maps, which will take alot of time

-if you like a challenge you can try doing highscores (which can be pretty challenging)

Compared to games from big companies, Creeper World  give more playtime/fun per dollar paid. (atleast I think so :P )

HuDat

do they constantly change the game by making updates or do they just leave it alone?

Siccles

virgilw (the maker of the game) has patched the game alot as far as I know.

He said hes planning a patch for this week, in which he will add some of the things people suggested and fix some bugs.

So I would say yes, the game is constantly updated (more so than most made by big companies)

HuDat

sounds great, I'm probably going to get it after playing the demo a bit.

Thanks a lot for your fast responses, I really appreciate it  :D

Aurzel

i found the game well worth the investment even though it didnt keep my attention as long as i would have liked because it's something i enjoy coming back to every now and then when i have a bit of spare time to play a map or two

CyberDyneSystems

When I found the free simulator version, I was hooked so fast, it was silly!
This was the most interesting and addicting game I've come across in years, and the first game I've purchased in about 7 years, and the only one I purchased as a download ever.

I've long since given up on actual "gaming" but do find an affinity for tower defense type games.

This game, with it's blend of DTD type games, The Space Game, and Starcraft is about the most fun I've had on a computer ever.

Get the full version, tons of maps and challenges, then you can pay and make your own custom maps as well.

Karsten75

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on January 07, 2010, 05:41:05 PM
When I found the free simulator version, I was hooked so fast, it was silly!
This was the most interesting and addicting game I've come across in years, and the first game I've purchased in about 7 years, and the only one I purchased as a download ever.

I've long since given up on actual "gaming" but do find an affinity for tower defense type games.

This game, with it's blend of DTD type games, The Space Game, and Starcraft is about the most fun I've had on a computer ever.

Get the full version, tons of maps and challenges, then you can pay and make your own custom maps as well.

Uhm.... pretty sure there's a typo in there. You might have missed the "l" in "play.

The map maker is free of charge. In fact you can D/l it and make maps even if you have not paid for the full version. Of course, that is frowned upon and you cannot play your own maps unless you pay for the full version.

Young

Quote from: HuDat on January 06, 2010, 06:17:50 PM
I've played the simulator on armorgames.com and I LOVE the idea to this game. I finished it rather quickly and was sad that it was short but then I found that there's more to this game. Is buying the full version worth it? I'm looking for the game to be long and take up a lot of my time (more than a week to finish it). If I just beat it and stop playing after 3 days I wouldn't feel that it was worth it.

There is plenty of replay value for 10 bucks. That's what makes the game fun.

If you are a veteran player you should easily beat it in a week. If you casual some maps might take you a while and probably 2 weeks or so to beat.

The replay and highscore boards / forums / community makes the game fun.

Aurzel

vets a week? lol
try a few days, assuming we sleep and have other things to do :P

nic nac

My Story Game Time is around 5 hours, not counting the replays because I farked up the expansion or didn't pay attention to an emitter.
Then again, I'm playing games since I'm six, which is now 20 years...
logical S... means big S... - me

Kamron3

Quote from: nic nac on January 10, 2010, 04:06:16 PM
My Story Game Time is around 5 hours, not counting the replays because I farked up the expansion or didn't pay attention to an emitter.
Then again, I'm playing games since I'm six, which is now 20 years...

Eh, I feel pretty stupid, took me over 20 hours to beat the Story Time(in the Full Version, took me 5 hours or so in the Sim)

Basically was afk/playing around/looking at other stuff like I always do ;)

_k