Custom Map #212: Crystal Madness.. By: szilvale

Started by AutoPost, December 16, 2020, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #212: Crystal Madness.

Author: szilvale
Size: 320x200

wobblycogs

A very enjoyable map with a tough start. I really liked the puzzle aspect of what to do about the red creeper without access to sprayers.

Some hints if anyone is stuck...

Spoiler
Make sure you mine the greenar as soon as possible and build at least five rocket bases.
[close]

Spoiler
If your base is getting flooded pull back towards the command module. The creeper can be fought off. Make sure you have a ton of rocket launchers (and then build some more)
[close]

Spoiler
Launch a conversion rocket on to the pad of white anti-creeper so it generates more. This will stop your base being flooded.
[close]

Spoiler
I attacked the bottom right first to get the blue crystals and extra red crystals. It falls quite easily.
[close]

Spoiler
I then attacked up the hill to the top right using anti-creeper bombers and mortars. When I got to the top I had the most almighty fight to get in to nullify things. I ended up burning though about 150 orbital weapons before they gave up. The top left was then quite easy.
[close]

szilvale

Yea I was worried getting the top right corner is a bit too tedious. Hope you enjoyed though.

flamewolf393

Quote from: szilvale on December 17, 2020, 03:27:05 AM
Yea I was worried getting the top right corner is a bit too tedious. Hope you enjoyed though.

Yep, the final upper right are seems to be impossible. Ive taken over almost all of the map but even completely surrounding it with mortars, bombing it with two runways worth of bombers, and the occassional converter bomb, I just cant get past the stashes. Id say get rid of one or two of the stashes and you'd be good.