Started by AutoPost, December 07, 2020, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #87: Overflowing

Author: JoaoPistori
Size: 256x256

Nikopol

Wow, what a map.
I had wondered, how a more fluid Creeper would impact the gameplay, and for sure, somebody made a map for it. Thank you JoaoPistori!
It is much more difficult, since you are really fighting a "rising sea level" here. Once the creeper reaches you, you basicly need to counter the complete creeper generation on the map at once, and on this map you do not have the energy to do so, especially in the beginning. Additionally, mortars are less effectiv, since the creeper depths isn't high.
The only solution, I came up with, are walls, and waiting for the cut off limit.
But the author of the map added even more complications: Limitting the accessibly terrain wiht dark towers, so that you need liftic for the beacon first. Or not giving you reddon, so you can't properly defent against the air attacks.
After a few failed attempts I tried to build a littel walled canal to the liftic as early as possible, but it became a long grind, as soon as the creeper hit. Addtionally I flooded my base with AC, so the air attacks would not hurt so much.
Once I had just a little bit liftic I could go for reddon mountain and the rest was business as nearly usual.
I had great fun figuring out the changed mechanics.
And it was a great satisfaction to add the fourth play record in the list. I would be really interested to know the tactics the other succesfulle players used.