Started by AutoPost, February 27, 2020, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8198: three places

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 200x50

Desc:

Altren

I'm stuck. I see how to get to the right island by not moving terp, but this require forge upgrades, thus I need to move it to claim the left island. Any hints?

TimeWeaver

Sure, if you can tell me how to keep the spores from killing everything before you get started.  Even if I could protect my base from 2 spores every 10 seconds, they kill all the remote resources I need, like the ore farm and that single relay which I assume becomes important later.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Altren on February 27, 2020, 08:09:00 PM
I'm stuck. I see how to get to the right island by not moving terp, but this require forge upgrades, thus I need to move it to claim the left island. Any hints?

Spoiler
do you have to move it?
[close]

Thank you for playing

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: TimeWeaver on February 27, 2020, 09:43:29 PM
Sure, if you can tell me how to keep the spores from killing everything before you get started.  Even if I could protect my base from 2 spores every 10 seconds, they kill all the remote resources I need, like the ore farm and that single relay which I assume becomes important later.

Spoiler
use land available. I focused on the spores during first minutes
[close]

Thank you for playing

Twi

Even after moving the terp, I can't get to the forge. If I don't move the terp, I can't land guppies on the central island. And even after I do, I just don't have enough firepower available to hold a path open.

It's tough. Real tough. I'm not sure it's a kind of tough I like :s
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Twi on February 28, 2020, 09:38:35 AM
Even after moving the terp, I can't get to the forge. If I don't move the terp, I can't land guppies on the central island. And even after I do, I just don't have enough firepower available to hold a path open.

It's tough. Real tough. I'm not sure it's a kind of tough I like :s

Spoiler
maybe you will like it better if you don't move the terp?
[close]

thank you for playing

Twi

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 28, 2020, 10:10:06 AM
Spoiler
[close]

thank you for playing
Spoiler
but if I don't move the terp how do I do things!
[close]
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Twi on February 28, 2020, 10:38:13 AM
Spoiler
[close]

thank you for playing
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
by moving other things; terp stays where it is....
[close]

paco42

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 28, 2020, 11:52:30 AM
Spoiler
[close]

thank you for playing
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

what else is there to move? the base cant move because everything is blocked. guppies cant land on the two long islands because of the no fly zones, and everything else is blocked. base cant move back to process ore after flying away because theres a hole in the ground.

help a brother out here

never mind, got it

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: paco42 on February 28, 2020, 04:16:02 PM
Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 28, 2020, 11:52:30 AM
Spoiler
[close]

thank you for playing
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

what else is there to move? the base cant move because everything is blocked. guppies cant land on the two long islands because of the no fly zones, and everything else is blocked. base cant move back to process ore after flying away because theres a hole in the ground.

help a brother out here

never mind, got it

I am proud... thank you for playing

xhos

This map maybe is your best so far. Your maps have evolve very nice!! looking forward for the next one!

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: xhos on March 04, 2020, 08:32:31 AM
This map maybe is your best so far. Your maps have evolve very nice!! looking forward for the next one!

Thank you and thank you for playing

umm36

If it wasn't for the fact there are 15 scores on this I would say it is impossible.
With the command center being hurt by creeper within the first 5 seconds, the first thing I would need to build is the two cannons which can only just save the command center, I would then need to build down and take the nullifier to take out the no-fly zone but by the time it charges up enough to fire, the spores start to attack.
So instead of charging the nullifier I would need beamers, two beamers isn't enough to destroy the two spores before they hit, in addition, two, or even four beamers cannot recharge fast enough to take on the endless spam of spores.

I literally cannot see a way to complete this, and yet there's clearly a way, because 15 people have completed it, and it can only be uploaded once it is completed... so..........
Yeah, I'm stuck.

Edit: OH!

Oh I see what you've done now... you sneaky bar stool.
Okay I think I can do this now...
Edit 2: Okay so I managed to get to the point I can take the nullifier, and then everything disconnects, I can't build anything and everything dies....
and now that I've started again, the terp keeps dying before I get a beamer up... is that just really bad RNG?

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: umm36 on March 05, 2020, 06:07:02 AM
If it wasn't for the fact there are 15 scores on this I would say it is impossible.
With the command center being hurt by creeper within the first 5 seconds, the first thing I would need to build is the two cannons which can only just save the command center, I would then need to build down and take the nullifier to take out the no-fly zone but by the time it charges up enough to fire, the spores start to attack.
So instead of charging the nullifier I would need beamers, two beamers isn't enough to destroy the two spores before they hit, in addition, two, or even four beamers cannot recharge fast enough to take on the endless spam of spores.

I literally cannot see a way to complete this, and yet there's clearly a way, because 15 people have completed it, and it can only be uploaded once it is completed... so..........
Yeah, I'm stuck.

Edit: OH!

Oh I see what you've done now... you sneaky bar stool.
Okay I think I can do this now...

Great. Tell me how you did it, ok? Thank you for playing.

answer to your edit: you have to try to keep things west intact and reinforced.