Hardest Map?

Started by katanna, May 11, 2010, 03:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creeper killer

for me it was either octan or tucana
nothing in conquest
and HOW DO i BEAT CHOPRAIDER??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

ontheworld

story: tucana
Conquest: none
Special op: DTD (still haven't completed that one...)

Custom: devil's den

F0R

for dtd all you need to do is use blasters to take a small bit of land and slowly expand

ontheworld

i always get creeper seeping in from some point or deficit...

jnwright23

F0R

ya you cant take to much land at the start

UpperKEES

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 12, 2010, 11:35:42 AM
Story: Tucana
Conquest: Frigg 3 (by far)
Special OPS: Gump (especially on Double Down; I had to ask for help here)
Custom: many, but the first one that really gave me trouble at that time was Devil's Den by Apocalypstic. In the meanwhile I've learned a lot, so I'm able to solve even harder maps with less effort. I've probably created harder maps myself in the past months. Some maps are hard because you have to solve a puzzle, some are hard because you've got little space to build, some because you have to use tricks like bridging and others because you have a time limit, so it depends on your style of play what you consider hard.

About maps with massive early spore waves: I love them, as there is an easy way to preserve (almost) all pre-built structures. ;)

Edit: The map that probably frustrated me most was Stairsteps to Death by Kamron3. After numerous restarts I finally found my way, but then I got slaughtered by a massive spore wave after 22 minutes. I just couldn't accept that a map existed that I couldn't beat, so I tried again 3 weeks later.... :P

Edit 2: Another great hard map that came to mind and deserves to be mentioned is Living Off The Land by Bort. This design must have cost him days! (And you only realize this once you're able to finish it.)

Finally had the chance to play Alien Alter Ruin by Sauffaus and this is definitely one of the hardest maps I've ever played. It's a very tough puzzle and the map looks super cool. I can recommend it to anyone up for a real challenge.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview