Custom Map #5957: CSM-04 BLACK HOLES. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, June 15, 2018, 03:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #5957: CSM-04 BLACK HOLES

Author: yum234
Size: 144x110

Desc:
Cornucanis Style Map. In addition to StarGates introduced new element - Black Hole which not only transfer creeper or anti-creeper but also has some multiplicator! Please, enjoy! #BravoCornucanis #GoodLuck

cornucanis

For anyone wondering what the black portals do exactly:

Spoiler

Ordinary colored portals simple take the combined average amount of creeper at every portal of that color and set the creeper under every portal to that average. This has the effect of spreading creeper and anti-creeper across portals of the same color.

Black portals also take the combined average amount of creeper from every black portal on the map. Instead of setting the creeper to that average, however, it sets the creeper to the inverse of that average multiplied by a significant number (30 by default.) This simply creates chaos and requires balance between creeper and AC to stabilize, but blasts lots of both in the process.
[close]

Thanks for another fun map yum, you're definitely using the scripts in ways I never would have ;D

chwooly

Thanks Yum, Another great map, Please keep them coming.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

yum-forum

Nice video!  I watch this video where kajacx try to attack black holes! Super interesting! In general not necessary to touch black holes for winning!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: cornucanis on June 15, 2018, 04:08:33 AM

Spoiler

Ordinary colored portals simple take the combined average amount of creeper at every portal of that color and set the creeper under every portal to that average. This has the effect of spreading creeper and anti-creeper across portals of the same color.

Black portals also take the combined average amount of creeper from every black portal on the map. Instead of setting the creeper to that average, however, it sets the creeper to the inverse of that average multiplied by a significant number (30 by default.) This simply creates chaos and requires balance between creeper and AC to stabilize, but blasts lots of both in the process.
[close]

Thanks for another fun map yum, you're definitely using the scripts in ways I never would have ;D

In other words, they cause overflow and flipping.

yum-forum

Works of black holes system - something like my gift for players. Not necessary to touch its in the game.  ;)
last

cornucanis

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 15, 2018, 11:37:32 AM
Quote from: cornucanis on June 15, 2018, 04:08:33 AM

Spoiler

[close]

In other words, they cause overflow and flipping.

Yep, that's the idea. The multiplier is adjustable so they don't have to always be as powerful as on this map, but the idea is to have them keep flipping to cause chaos that's hard to actually take advantage of. They're meant as more of a nuisance than something you can easily turn to your advantage, hence the "dark" or "evil" appearance.

strigvir

Is the top part RNG? I've stuck at some point and restarted the game only for all emitters connected to the big black hole flipping to me without any input to the process. Didn't even need to move at the bottom part with HQ.

yum-forum

Nice youtube video by Rasmus E of this game!  :)
last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last