Patcher not patching?

Started by TH155, April 27, 2010, 03:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TH155

I downloaded the demo some time ago, and upgraded to the full game. I then left that computer gathering dust and forgot about it until a couple of days ago.  ;D So i check out the site and download the patcher, it downloads fine and i run it. All goes well and when i start Creeper World, it displays 0380 as it's version, which i assume is the newest one. I then started reading the forums, and heard about custom maps. Obviously i want to play them so i finished the game, conquest and special ops levels. I get DD, but no custom map option. I read around on the forums to see if anyone else had the problem, and someone had (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=646.0) This thread had no conclusive answer as to how to fix the problem, except reinstall, which i did, and then patch, but since the installation file is an old one, i got the same results as the first time. I read around the forums more, except not just looking for my problem. I found this thread (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=137.15) in which Karsten75 says that the depletion bar was changed to 32. Mine still maxes out at 16. This lead me to believe that the patcher failed to update anything, except the version number. Help would be appreciated.

Karsten75

This behavior is often observed when people use the main.swf from the demo or use a "cracked" version of the game.

I'm hoping you have Windows, since I'm only familiar with Windows. If you use mac, you'll have to wait for someone else to help you out or figure it out yourself.

Completely uninstall Creeper World. 

Open Windows Explorer. In the address bar type
%programfiles%

Look for the KnuckleCracker folder and in the CreeperWorld sub-folder, make sure there is neither a main.swf nor a CreeperWorld.exe in there. If they are there, delete them. In fact, if there is anything in there, delete it all.

Then reinstall the creeperWorld program and run it once. Check the version level, it should say 0346 (IIRC).

Then run the update and check that the version level is 0380.

Then you should be good to go.

This should preserve your key, so that you don't have to reenter it and the game state so you don't have to replay all the levels. If this fails, then we can try a more involved effort that will delete the key and game state as well.

TH155

Karsten75

Thanks for coming back to let us know.