Custom Map #5478: CWDig Kamikaze. By: cornucanis

Started by AutoPost, February 13, 2018, 09:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #5478: CWDig Kamikaze

Author: cornucanis
Size: 128x128

Desc:
WARNING: This map is heavy on the CRPL elements! You should play map #5229 CWDig Introduction before playing this map as it will explain the CRPL elements. I wanted to make this map a bit more open ended than my last few. There's even a "sandbox mode" if you really want to play around. Feel free to ask for tips on the forum if you're stuck! #CWDig #CRPL #NoDigitalis #TechLimits #Sandbox

Grand Teki

Really good map Cornucanis! I liked it, keep 'em coming :D

Spoiler
giving up gives you 2 ac berthas, 2 pz reactors, a pz beam and almost all techs
[close]
TFW quarantie
I'm @Grand Teki#2977 on Discord.

Behind these googly eyes, lies an introvert.

cornucanis

Quote from: Grand Teki on February 13, 2018, 10:45:59 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks for playing! 

Spoiler
I tried to add as much to the "sandbox mode" as possible to see if people enjoy it or if it's not worth the time to implement. The only techs you don't get are the ones that are irrelevant on this map (ore mines, snipers, etc). You also get 10 conversion bombs in the middle, and a crystal with 10,000 aether. It was intended to give a way for people to play around with the map even if it's too hard for them to beat, but apparently it's not stopping everyone from voting 1 and moving on as usual  ::)
[close]

Grand Teki

Quote from: cornucanis on February 13, 2018, 03:54:33 PM
Quote from: Grand Teki on February 13, 2018, 10:45:59 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks for playing! 

Spoiler
I tried to add as much to the "sandbox mode" as possible to see if people enjoy it or if it's not worth the time to implement. The only techs you don't get are the ones that are irrelevant on this map (ore mines, snipers, etc). You also get 10 conversion bombs in the middle, and a crystal with 10,000 aether. It was intended to give a way for people to play around with the map even if it's too hard for them to beat, but apparently it's not stopping everyone from voting 1 and moving on as usual  ::)
[close]

The sad truth about people is that they dislike things when given reasons to :(
TFW quarantie
I'm @Grand Teki#2977 on Discord.

Behind these googly eyes, lies an introvert.

POMie

This is another great map cornucanis. I think the key tactic is..
Spoiler
using the sprayer(s) as suicide bombers early.  I underestimated their power and waited until I had cleared more creeper but, with PC support they can take out emitters early.
[close]
Thank you.

cornucanis

Quote from: POMie on February 16, 2018, 04:20:41 AM
This is another great map cornucanis. I think the key tactic is..
Spoiler
using the sprayer(s) as suicide bombers early.  I underestimated their power and waited until I had cleared more creeper but, with PC support they can take out emitters early.
[close]
Thank you.

Spoiler
Originally I didn't plan to base the map around suicide sprayers, but when I was play testing I realized how overpowered they really are. It's a pretty tough strategy to prevent without just removing sprayers, so I decided to lean into it and balance the map around the mechanic. It's definitely something I'll have to keep in mind if I want to add sprayers on future CWDig maps. On my previous maps you didn't get sprayers until you were already on the cusp of victory so it didn't make that big of a difference before and I never noticed it.
[close]