Custom Map #5272: CWDig Turncoats. By: cornucanis

Started by AutoPost, January 09, 2018, 07:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #5272: CWDig Turncoats

Author: cornucanis
Size: 80x50

Desc:
WARNING: This map is heavy on the CRPL elements! You should play map #5229 CWDig Introduction before playing this map as it will explain the CRPL elements. This is the second map in my CWDig series! I think it's a bit harder than the first, and might get a bit tricky at times. Feel free to ask for tips on the forums if you get stuck! #CWDig #CRPL #Anti-Creeper #Anti-Emitters

cornucanis

I hope you guys enjoy my second CWDig map. Now that the basics have been explained in the first mission I tried to make this one a little more puzzling. Some tips for anyone having trouble:

Spoiler

- Reactors and terps have been lowered to half cost so you can easily build more reactors while waiting for the good creep to fight the evil creep
- You'll need to terp up as well as down quite frequently on this map to control the flow of creeper. Terp wisely!
- The bottom right corner is probably the most frustrating. You don't necessarily have to use suicide terps to get a foothold, but you'll need good unit management to keep your terp alive. The pause button is your friend.
- As the dialogue tells you, save after getting the Artifact of Odin! You don't want to misfire it and have to start over.
[close]

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

D0m0nik

Wow, this is much more of a puzzle, enjoying it so far but still stuck on the 2nd emitter but I have an idea.

Cool map as it makes you think outside of the box.

cornucanis

Yeah I wanted this map to be a little trickier than my other maps have been. It requires a few tricks that may not be immediately apparent. Thanks for giving the map a shot, I know this map type doesn't lend itself well to speed runs.. I see you didn't let that stop you though  ;D

Vizjerei1

i couldnt crack it on the narrow bridge part when you get the blaster =\

cornucanis

Quote from: Vizjerei1 on January 16, 2018, 04:42:50 PM
i couldnt crack it on the narrow bridge part when you get the blaster =\

Spoiler
Creeper connects to the platform from two directions.. It is helpful to cut off the bigger threat so you can first deal with the smaller one. It also helps to flatten out the path leading to the "blaster platform" so the anti creeper can flow more smoothly.
[close]

Vizjerei1

oh finally, i missed some obvious thing. Another question - was suicide terping an intended way over digi bridge?
nice map :)

cornucanis

Quote from: Vizjerei1 on January 17, 2018, 10:48:03 AM
oh finally, i missed some obvious thing. Another question - was suicide terping an intended way over digi bridge?
nice map :)

Spoiler
Suicide is one option. If you don't want to keep building terps you can micromanage to keep your terp alive by moving it out of creeper right before it runs out of health. Terps heal very quickly in the air so it should be healed by the time it touches down again. Just keep juggling it long enough to make a landing pad for it. I intentionally left a few spots in the "jumbled terrain" that could be turned into a landing spot by only terping a few tiles.
[close]

Thanks for playing! I was working on the third map for the series but put it on the back burner for now to work on other scripts. Hopefully I'll be able to get the third map for this series out "soon" though  ;)

yum-forum

Long game, but very interesting! Thank You!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last