What's Your Favorite Part Of CW

Started by thomaswarner, January 01, 2010, 12:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Do you ever watch the end of a movie when all people involved get listed? You might see something like:

Production Assistants
Person 1
Person 2
Person 3
Etc.

In CW you see:

Function 1
Virgil Wall

Function 2
Virgil Wall

Function 3
Virgil Wall

Never noticed?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

crazyone76

oh i but you can see the credits everytime you want that confused me
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UpperKEES

Sure you can, but I usually have better things to do.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

betadata

Quote from: crazyone76 on February 10, 2010, 09:05:55 AM
Quote from: UpperKEES on February 10, 2010, 07:23:59 AM
Oh and I forgot something that always brings a smile on my face:

Whenever I finish Loki and the credit screen comes up, the function descriptions change instead of the names. :D
what do you mean?

this game was made by a one man team. The credits list a whole lot of jobs but they were all done by Virgil.

djcian

Virgil did pretty much everything by himself to make this game. so basically his name was there with all of his job titles flashing above it.  there were some funny ones like lead worrier, finishing refuser, and cricket treat getter. go look at the credits they are funny and have pics from the games early design.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

twoartistic

I also like that I have been able to score in the top 100 all time scores, in story, conquest, and Special Ops, on the first time through. So I guess I am well matched to the game. With a little extra work in story, I am currently the number one, high score (recent scores). I have never done that before on any game. Thanks for creating a game that seems to match my skill sets. Whooooot.

I would love to see some other challenges, and towers for defeating them. For example, I think it would be cool if there were some kind of creep growth excelerator station, so that if the creep reached it, it grew twice as fast, or activated a new emitter. Then as a counter weapon, a freeze tower that slowed the growth within it's range, would be cool. I also like using the drones, since you can direct your defense to a certain location, so it could be interesting to have a cannon that you can direct its fire direction. This would be useful for battling shallow creep, without firing upon deeper pockets. I can see maps that the lead offensive is directed along a raised winding path, and directional towers keep the creep off the path, while drones and mortars contend with the deep pools. Just a few ideas, but hey, the game is great, with no changes what so ever.

haloguy48

I play for the free yogurt.... What?  :P ::) :P

I play for the Custom Map making and the epic twist on what might be called Tower Defense. I love being creative, and that + tower defense really sparks my interest.

~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

nic nac

I usually hate tower defense games, especialy those with a predefined path and stupid monsters.
But CW is different. It's ingenious design hit a nerve that makes it precious to me.
logical S... means big S... - me