Custom Map #4896: how to do. By: rb

Started by AutoPost, October 12, 2017, 02:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4896: how to do

Author: rb
Size: 128x128

Desc:
you can probably attack this a few different ways. its like my last two but its probably more of a time map.

Karsten75

A map with a large number of optimizations and one that is almost harder to clean up than it is to win.

Nice!

Edit: I must stop now, I've played it about 5 times and I still can't get the energy balance "just right". :) Really fun.

D0m0nik

Yes very good map as ususal from rb. I had a good few restarts before realising that:

Spoiler
The creeper is of no threat to you, all you need is snipers and spores!
[close]

arby793

Thanks guys. The maps like this is fun trying to get a balance before the creeper x-plods on you.

Karsten75

Finally, I managed to get my timings "just right" and achieve a great score. Only to find out Alter Old has done the same! :) Oh well, I can live in a dreamland where I maybe onece beat Alter Old, but that's not going to be today.

As for me, not only do I have to confess a lasting addiction to CW3, but perhaps similar to this map - I can't recall anymore how many times I've played it. 

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: arby793 on October 14, 2017, 03:06:00 AM
Thanks guys. The maps like this is fun trying to get a balance before the creeper x-plods on you.

Kill things in the right order and the creeper doesn't explode.  Beams, guppies, nullifiers and power will do it.

hbarudi

suicidal at the end after nullifying the last emitter, but I started by nullifying non emitter enemies.