Custom Map #868: Overwhelming Swarms. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, August 08, 2017, 07:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #868: Overwhelming Swarms

Author: Decagon
Size: 384x216

Desc:
The Khephrin War Fleet pushes on, carving a path towards one of the Hydraxil Collective's Prime Nodes for the region. In the shadow of the conflict, an unlikely ally emerges to aid the War Fleet. Credit for script: FOXX and Stickman

ChaosMaster130

Oh hey another space bug map, pretty simple but fun map for me. plus the use of the upgrade PRPL from FOXX was pretty cool  8)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on August 10, 2017, 01:49:43 AM
Oh hey another space bug map, pretty simple but fun map for me. plus the use of the upgrade PRPL from FOXX was pretty cool  8)

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

I, too. I'm enjoying the nonlinearity. The Exchange (and so most of the game, for me) has developed a different feel from the story/sim missions. This map is pleasantly reminiscent of "(story) subtract (sim)" - language was not designed for this task, so I'll use a comparison between impressions.

Keep up the good work.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Just played this one -> came in 5th.
Great Map Decagon, had fun :)

And credits for FOXXUpgrader Script -> Stickman :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Spaartan

I feel that we will be seeing an HDF level soon... the Khephrin will eventually meet the Hiigarans (or some illegally smuggled Taiidan warships(Which would make a very bad first impression)), it's inevitable.
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

bugbrain_04

I can't seem to get the mothership to warp in? I click it on the ship list, the UI registers the click, but I'm never given the silhouette to drop the ship in with.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: bugbrain_04 on September 03, 2017, 04:15:36 PM
I can't seem to get the mothership to warp in? I click it on the ship list, the UI registers the click, but I'm never given the silhouette to drop the ship in with.

If you warped in the standard HQ, the mothership will not be able to be warped in. Same goes the other way around. It's an unintended side-effect of having a second warp-in capable ship.

Self-destructing the standard HQ will allow you to warp the mothership in again.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

bugbrain_04

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on September 03, 2017, 04:45:32 PM

If you warped in the standard HQ, the mothership will not be able to be warped in. Same goes the other way around. It's an unintended side-effect of having a second warp-in capable ship.

Self-destructing the standard HQ will allow you to warp the mothership in again.

Ah ha! Thank you. Thus the reference to keeping spiders full while Mother is repaired. Makes sense now.

Was the fact that Mother replaces HQ mentioned somewhere that I just missed?

bugbrain_04

(Though I am now seeing the graphical cue in that Mother has the HQ's CM.)

vegeta897

I was about 30 minutes into this mission and enjoying the challenge when the game suddenly crashed. Oh well.