Started by AutoPost, April 18, 2017, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4380: Experiment VII

Author: Iron John Logan
Size: 150x150

Desc:

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

stdout

D0m0nik

Love the evil eye!

For a speed run:

Spoiler
Spread your CN's out and get building nullifiers ASAP with two of them while the third works on siphons and connecting the map. You only need 4 nullifiers to win, get some units on PZs before the 2 min mark when the emitters begin. You don't need energy beyond the packets and the forge is almost useless apart from for shaving a few seconds.
[close]

stdout

I saw your time and wondered what you did. Thanks for sharing the strategy!

D0m0nik

I just re-read my strategy - 4 should have been 8 but 6 might do it if your super careful with the placement. Two waves anyhow!

Karsten75

Spoiler
Either the emitters are on a long delay or they go off then you fire the first nullifier? Haven't  looked at the map in the editor yet, just wondering.
[close]

the 2-min time scores are pretty impressive, but yes, this is essentially a speed-run, brute-force map.

D0m0nik

Hi Karsten

Spoiler
The emitters are on a 2 min delay by the look of it, you should aim to have your second round of nulifiers built by then and protected by a few units on PZs. Or go EAs way and aim to be done by then!!
[close]

Karsten75

I'll probably think of a different landing pattern for my CNs and give it one more whirl. I like trying things on these short-duration maps, that's much easier for me than those mega-maps.