Custom Map #4283: Remake Duel World Face off. By: Iron John Logan

Started by AutoPost, March 04, 2017, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4283: Remake Duel World Face off

Author: Iron John Logan
Size: 256x256

Desc:
This is my remake of one of my favorite maps - Duel World Face off, Map #356 by Ratobarag

D0m0nik

Hope you don't mind me saying but your firt map was not the pretiest and it inspired me to make my Save The World map. Since then your levels have been fantastic, they look amazing and the terrain is very interesting. This was exactly what I like in a map, lots of options for multi tasking and attacking on multiple fronts, easy 10/10.

One small point - do you know you can limit the number of starting units in the map editor? You provide 3CNs and unlimited bertha but there are pick-ups for both. You could limit each one to 1 unit to make the pick ups worth while.

Johnny Haywire

Totally minor point here - technically, it should be "dual" instead of "duel". A cool play on words might be:

"Dual world duel".
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Johnny Haywire

Wow, Dom... I have no idea how you do that voodoo that you do. Excellent score/time, m8!

Big maps aren't my favorite kind of map to do. Having said that, this map is excellent in most every way! Great work on the map, and it wasn't too laggy even though it was so big. I can never get bigger maps to run faster than 4x with the mod though, which is why I generally prefer the small maps.

Great work on the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Iron John Logan

Thank you for the comments!
My spelling sucks, but the duel part came directly from the original map... so a bad speller copying a bad speller. Dual world Duel would be a god name. I will have to keep that in mind.

Dom - I do understand I can limit things, but didn't realize I had forgotten too until I was almost done test running and I was tired.... is there anyway of changing details of a map once it is uploaded? or should I re-release it with the pick ups only - do you think it would change game play enough a re-re-remake interesting?
Also played your Save the world map, totally 10/10 thanks!

D0m0nik

Thanks for the comment, might do a PAC version of Save the World if I can work out how to turn it into a PAC, there is a post around here somewhere!

I wouldn't bother re-releasing, move on to your next one. As a general rule I don't play re-releases unless the description promises a totaly new expierience, I struggle to keep up with new maps as it is! This map is great as it is.

lividbishop

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 05, 2017, 05:05:50 PM
Hope you don't mind me saying but your firt map was not the pretiest and it inspired me to make my Save The World map. Since then your levels have been fantastic, they look amazing and the terrain is very interesting. This was exactly what I like in a map, lots of options for multi tasking and attacking on multiple fronts, easy 10/10.

One small point - do you know you can limit the number of starting units in the map editor? You provide 3CNs and unlimited bertha but there are pick-ups for both. You could limit each one to 1 unit to make the pick ups worth while.

i agree - limit the berthas.  its way too easy when you have unlimited - no point in picking them up either.  i just put a few on PZs and its just too easy.  :)

love it tho.